cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III

Generate the cache for an app?

When I try to edit the template for a report from Qlik NPrinting Designer (NPrinting 17.1), I get the following error message: You must generate the cache for the app 'TEST APP' before editing the report template.  This seems to be different from generating the metadata (cache) for a connection.  If fact, I succesfully refreshed the metadata (cache) for the connection, but it didn't resolve the issue.  I still cannot edit the report template.  I have been able to edit this report template previously, but today I'm getting the error message.
My question is:  How do I generate the cache for an app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We discovered that this error occurs when there is a problem with any Connection in an App.  For example, if I have 4 Connections in my Operations App, but one of them has a Connection error, I won't be able to edit any report templates in the Operations App until the error is resolved.     (See example below)

Connections

NameAppConnection StatusCache StatusLast Cache Update
Sales ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016  9:17:00 AM
Cust Svc ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016  9:19:00 AM
Info Tech ConnectionOperations AppNo engines are working

Error

Request has been

purged due to

connections errors

-
HR ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016 9:19:00 AM

Until the error is resolved for the Info Tech Connection, I won't be able to edit any report templates in the Operations App.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Becky,

Please see image below on how to generate and check cache status for an app.

Step1.png

step2.png

bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We discovered that this error occurs when there is a problem with any Connection in an App.  For example, if I have 4 Connections in my Operations App, but one of them has a Connection error, I won't be able to edit any report templates in the Operations App until the error is resolved.     (See example below)

Connections

NameAppConnection StatusCache StatusLast Cache Update
Sales ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016  9:17:00 AM
Cust Svc ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016  9:19:00 AM
Info Tech ConnectionOperations AppNo engines are working

Error

Request has been

purged due to

connections errors

-
HR ConnectionOperations AppOKGenerated10/28/2016 9:19:00 AM

Until the error is resolved for the Info Tech Connection, I won't be able to edit any report templates in the Operations App.

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sorry but I do not understand since I have the same issue on my 17.2.2 installation.

bdunsmoor
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Francesco,

If you're getting the same error ("You must generate the cache for the app ... before editing the report template"), there is probably a problem with one or more of the Connections in your NPrinting App.  Here's a link to the NPrinting Help site, which describes how to correctly set up Connections:  Creating connections ‒ Qlik NPrinting

I'm also including 2 screen shots of our Connections in NPrinting, for your reference.  We are connecting to QlikView documents, so if you are using QlikSense, your Connections will be set up differently.

1. The Connections ScreenConnections screen2.png

2.  A Sample Connection

Connection Details.png

I hope this is helpful!  I'm loving NPrinting, now that I've learned how to use it.

Best wishes,

Becky