Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Generating cache error while connecting Nprinting to Qlikview Server

Hi, 

I am trying to generate NPrint reports using Qlikview Server, unfortunately we are ending up with  below connection error

‘Error Request has been purged due to connection errors.

Please find below details:

1. Nprinting version : NPrint  17.3 installed in Windows Server 2012 R2
  2. Qlikview Server installed in Windows Server 2008 R2
  3. Using same versions of both Qlikview Server and Qlikview Desktop installed in the NPrint Engine.
  4. Activated Qlikview Desktop active license for the Windows user who is running the engine service.
  5. Using different account for qlikview services and Nprinting services
  6. Receiving  certificate error while accessing Nprinting application

Please help to solve this issue?

12 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hey mate

follow ALL steps from attached topic to identify problem. I have described all steps there. Do not miss any single step as everything counts.

How to connect Qlik N printing 17.4 to Qlik View server

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Binu,

how did you go? any luck?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much Lech..

But No luck..

I am able to connect with local Type. Server connection still has issues.

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am able to create connection from N printing server to Local Type,but when I am doing as SERVER, it gives me error

• The Account used to run Qlik Nprinting Engine has access to Qlik View Server
  • Document address qvp://Server Address/Test.qvw
  • My desktop version and Server version is same.
  • Nprinting user has administrator rights on both of the server.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Did you follow all steps from my instructions (step by step)? Did you manage to go through all steps i listed without error there?

It is not only administrators right you need - I specificly mentioned there that NPrinting account has to be added to QlikView Administratoprs Group - is it?

let me know

cheers Lech

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry for the late reply.

I have followed all the steps and the user (I am using generic admin account) is part of Qlikview Administration Group.

My comments are in green

• What QlikView Server version are you using? 11.20.13405.0 SR15 64 bit

• Is your Desktop version installed on NPrinting Engine Box the same as the QlikView Server version?
    • Yes , I am using same version

•  

• Other information would be: 

• can you RDP to Engine as NPrinting account user –yes

• open QlikView Desktop –
  •   Able to open server report from Desktop version installed on NPrinting Engine 

• use open in server and navigate to application you want to use with NPrinting and open i
        • If you can successfully open it from there look at the top of the QlikView desktop window you will see the path you will need to use in your connection string

• once you can open your document from there lets jump back to another topic
        • RDP to your QlikView server as a NPrinting account use
        • open localy document in QlikView desktop on this server and try to save it - see whether an NPrinting account user has enough privileges to save a document or overwrite a document created by different account on QlikVIew server

• Successfully completed aboove step

• once above is tested successfully we can come back to account settings being
          • read followin Topic where in few places i describe all requirements
          • Re: Nprinting 17 server connection to a qvw
            • one of requirements says - NPrinting account needs to be part of QlikView Administrators and Administrators on QlikView server!!! - yes

But, One thing I noticed is that I am getting certificate error while accessing NPrinting web console,Certificate error.PNG

Could you please advice...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

do not worry about certificate error - this is normal as you did not install trysted certificates.

can you screenshot following:

• full screenshot when you "open in the server" your qvw from NPrinting box (so i can see caption of QlikView window)
  • screenshot of your NPrinting connection details
  • are you using NTML authentication?

regards

Lech

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Lech,

Please find below screen shot:

full screenshot when you "open in the server" your qvw from NPrinting box (so i can see caption of QlikView window)NPrint engine qlikview Desktop.PNG

screenshot of your NPrinting connection details

Connection.PNG

Regarding 3rd point;

are you using NTML authentication?

Could you please let me know how to check it?

Thanks,

Binu

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to go to Qlik QMC:

QMC-->System-->Setup-->Web servers-->authentication

see here:

QMC-->System-->Setup-->Web servers-->authentica... | Qlik Community

also

Is there section access on this document?

regards

Lech