Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Generating reports over 5,000 times changing dimension filter

Hi folks,

I have a word report with general information of Brazilian cities. There are 5,570 cities in Brazil and the idea is having one report for each city (same report, just changing the city dimension filter). In some days I’ll have to start generating these 5,570 reports every weekend and I’m trying to find the best way to do that. I could create 5,570 tasks with 5,570 filters, but I’d like to run away from this effort.

Any ideas? Is there any way to import some kind of spreadsheet with the list of cities and create filters/tasks in some automatic way?

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Jagan is correct. A cycle will produce a separate file for each of the cities in your data set. Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

You can also include the cycle field in a dynamic naming for the report.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

I think you can use the 'Page' Feature in NPrinting.. Check the detailed steps here..

How to Use the Page Feature in Excel and PowerPoint Report Templates

Update:

If you want Word Report, You can use the 'Level' Feature

<Country_Level>

<Chart Object>

</Country_Level>  (This should be in end of your Word Page)

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You can use the for this

Cycle option.

Regards,

Jagan.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

To generate such reports go with Nprinting.

Regards

ASHFAQ

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Or, if you have Publisher, reduction and distribution (by field values) could be an option.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks settu.periyasamy‌, but this way I'll have a huge report and after the generation I'll have to split the DOC into 5,570 slices and find a way to rename each in a friendly way. I was wondering how to automate this entirely on QlikView/Nprinting.

Not applicable
Author

Do you mean using levels? If so, I'll keep the same problem mentioned above.

Thanks anyway.

Not applicable
Author

Sure. All I'm doing is with NPritning.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks tresesco‌, but I'd still have the issue to set one reduction for each 5,570 cities.

Stephen_Jasionowski

Jagan is correct. A cycle will produce a separate file for each of the cities in your data set. Cycling Reports on Multiple Fields

You can also include the cycle field in a dynamic naming for the report.