cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpalbrecht
Creator
Creator

Get new variable value during QMC reload

This discussion describes how to trigger a NPrinting task from a Qlik Sense app reload.

I tried it and it worked. I want to trigger a report in which I want to use data (variables) from that Qlik Sense app. But during a Qlik Sense app reload, I can't read the data from that app.

Is there any way to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christoph. I have replied to this in other topic. I am glad you are bringing this here. So again...

Qlik Sense app is updated after the reload. You cannot access any new data untill app is reloaded and saved.

The usual approach is to have 2 Qlik Sense apps:

• 1st Qlik sense app with your variable and whatever data you need.
  • 2nd Qlik Sense app just triggering your NPrinitng task.

Next step is to setup in QMC task chaining in QMC reload 1st app then on seccess of 1st reload , trigger reload of the 2nd Qlik sense app which will trigger NPrinting task

This should allow first app to be saved and updated with the data required for your NPrinting task.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christoph. I have replied to this in other topic. I am glad you are bringing this here. So again...

Qlik Sense app is updated after the reload. You cannot access any new data untill app is reloaded and saved.

The usual approach is to have 2 Qlik Sense apps:

• 1st Qlik sense app with your variable and whatever data you need.
  • 2nd Qlik Sense app just triggering your NPrinitng task.

Next step is to setup in QMC task chaining in QMC reload 1st app then on seccess of 1st reload , trigger reload of the 2nd Qlik sense app which will trigger NPrinting task

This should allow first app to be saved and updated with the data required for your NPrinting task.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.