Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ - Labels will be required in the NPrinting forum starting on Friday September 26, 2019: Click here for details and instructions.
Highlighted
cbn_timsmith
New Contributor

Getting a Cache Status Error when reloading metadata in Nprinting

When I go to Reload metadata for one of my connections in Nprinting, it just displays Error. I can't seem to find any more details, the App works just fine in Qliksense. Where could I find detailed logs for reloading the metadata that might help me diagnose why this is suddenly failing?
I've attached a screenshot.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Support
Support

Re: Getting a Cache Status Error when reloading metadata in Nprinting

Hi Tim,

Since you have not mentioned your NPrinting version I will assume you are on the latest.

* What type of Connection? Qlik Sense/QlikView - Local or Server?

* What is the result of running a verification on the Connection details screen?

* What do you see under Admin > Task executions & you select the relevant  task?

To troubleshoot start here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.htm

HTH - Daniel.

3 Replies
Support
Support

Hi Tim,

Since you have not mentioned your NPrinting version I will assume you are on the latest.

* What type of Connection? Qlik Sense/QlikView - Local or Server?

* What is the result of running a verification on the Connection details screen?

* What do you see under Admin > Task executions & you select the relevant  task?

To troubleshoot start here: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/Troubleshooting/Troubleshooting.htm

HTH - Daniel.

cbn_timsmith
New Contributor

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the response.

We are on version November 2017

* It is a Qlik Sense Connection, on a Server. (by this do you mean is the NPrinting installed on the same server as Qlik Sense? They are two separate servers.)

* Pressing Run verification results in Verification successful.

* Under Admin > Task Executions I see:
Cache rebuild task for connection Invoiced Data | Generate connection cache | Failed | 100% | <time> | <time>

Support
Support

Hi Tim,

For the last point, you will need to click on the link (1) to get to the details (2)

TaskLog.png

HTH - Daniel.