Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris_andersson
Partner - Contributor III

Getting data from Qlikview object with conditional show on columns to a Excel report in NPrinting

Hi guys,

I have an app which contains a table with a lot of columns. The columns are all hidden as default with conditional show. There's a

inline loaded table with the names of the columns; for example if i want CustomerName to be shown in the Table i mark the "Customer name" in the listbox (beside the table) which gets populated from the inline load.

So far so good.

When trying to create an Excel-report on this object in Qlik NPrinting the report comes up with 0 data. Why is this? And how can I tell NPrinting that there is data in the table?

QV12

NPrinting Sep 17

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please update to latest version , at least February 2018. In older version there is a bug solved starting from February 2018:

Report preview failed if there were formulas in column headers

Report previews would fail if table column headers contained formulas. For example, the Label field in QlikView starts with an equal “=” symbol.

Or change the source table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christoffer,

Answer is very simple - it is because NPrinitng is clearing all selections before generationg report, then applying filters you specifify in NPrinting filters. I believe you did not create NPrinitng filter to select CustomerName in field from inline table??

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
chris_andersson
Author

Thank you, yes that worked fine!

The next problem is that the calculated expressions which starts with "=" for example '=LineSales' will not show any data, even though they have a corresponding filter applied.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Christoffer,

I don't get what did you mean by: " calculated expressions which starts with "=" for example '=LineSales' "

Is =LineSales variable, label, field?

Some screenshots would be also handy.

On top of that - do you run your NPrinting from scheduler or from OnDemand trigger?

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
chris_andersson
Author

Hi again Lech,

OK - so the marked fields are expressions from our QV app.

The strange thing is that the top (Fast avg) and bottom ones (=ONLYxxx)  basically have the same expression (Sum(xx)) but differs in label. All the fields are different Sum(xxx) set analyses. The field which they aggregate does contain data as I doublechecked this. The common thing among the expressions are that if they have a label ("calculated label") NPrint will not shown any data at all.

Thing is - I do not run this in either, this is just at the preview stage.

Maybe I could try to create a new sheet object with a fixed title but the same expression?

CaptureInv.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

are there any conditional hide/show expressions for those fields?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please update to latest version , at least February 2018. In older version there is a bug solved starting from February 2018:

Report preview failed if there were formulas in column headers

Report previews would fail if table column headers contained formulas. For example, the Label field in QlikView starts with an equal “=” symbol.

Or change the source table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.