Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator

Getting 'some entities missing from connection cache' error after NP16 import

I read the troubleshooting page and this is the solution:

"Some entities used in the template are missing from the connection cache.

To solve:

Open the template in Qlik NPrinting Designer to get a detailed list of the missing entities.
Solve the list by creating the missing entities in the source .qvw document. Or remove them from the template.
Regenerate the connection cache."

The problem is they do exist in the source, and work, and are integral to the report creation. The list of missing entities is quite large consisting of images and specific columns in table. I have checked some and they are very simple, one is literally just an expression '=[Field]'. So that should be compatible. I have tried reloading the metadata.

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

well ... '=[Field]' is already quite strange. It may  have worked in NP 16, but definitely is not the usual aproach to how you should build expressions (which should contain function or formula) otherwise it should be just added as a dimension to the table...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

A Qlik NPrinting report could use objects from many different connections. So, please check:

- that the new Qlik NPrinting 17+ installation has all the connections you had in the old QlikView NPrinting 16

- that the new connections link the same .QVWs of the old ones

- that all connection caches are correctly generated

Then run the Check Entities in the Qlik NPrinting Designer again.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

It is used quite often in the setup I inherited and I sometimes use it myself without any issue outside of the new NP. IT is used for dashboard apps as well (also on an older version of QV).

AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

- that the new Qlik NPrinting 17+ installation has all the connections you had in the old QlikView NPrinting 16

It only uses one connection.

- that the new connections link the same .QVWs of the old ones

I made sure it was linking to the correct qvw from the start.

- that all connection caches are correctly generated

I reloaded the metadata and refreshed multiple times. 

AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm still trying to solve this issue. Some entities are actually missing from the QVW but others are there and I see no reason why the template editor can't recognise them. The most obvious case is the =[Field] which I mentioned before. There are other expression columns in the same table which are =[Field] and work. The problem columns are not set to conditional show, they are set up identically to the working columns.

I updated every table in the list and somehow most of them went through big changes which I cannot understand. Why would the reports be working fine in NP16 if the object list is so different in Designer than the source QVW?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

again =[Field] is just wrong practice. The fact that it worked in NPrinting 16 does not mean that it is correct. In fact it is just wrong from QlikView development point of view.

Now regarding your question why something could work in NPrintign 16? Well, It is quite straight forward - it is completly different tool. NPrinting 17+ (in your case Feb2020) is new enterprise tool. It is not as forgiving as the old brother. It must require best Qlik application development practices and any shortcuts are not forgiven. 

Now because some of your entities could be constructed in the way that is not supported in NPrinting 17+ you may never be able to fully migrate and will have to do some manual rework.

Obviously I have not seen your qvw hence cannot test/comment more on it. I guess the best option now would be to open support ticket and check with Qlik if your qvw is supported at all as you may be just burning time trying to figure out why it is not migrating while migration might not be possible at all.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.