cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good performance of Nprinting with Qlikview

Dear Experts,

Now we use QV (11.2 SR13) to generate report and use NP(17.3.1) to send report via Email,(They are installed in one machine),

but not get a good performance and sometimes a strange problem occurs;

So we want to upgrate the QV and NP and install them into different machines,

but could someone tell me which NP and QV versions will be assorted better, and could have a stable operation

I have try to install NP of version 17.5 ,but could not install successfully.

Thanks a lot and look forwarding to your support.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First of all read all requirements (this also relates to QlikView version which in your case is also unsupported), Everything is listed in help document available online (example links below😞

What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Planning your deployment ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Supported and unsupported configurations ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Second thing is to make sure you have properly build QlikView application to run with NPrinting - you can read my comments regarding this here (I think this i a big step towards good NPrinting performance): https://community.qlik.com/thread/260840?q=qvw%20size

Third thing is to build optimized QlikVIew app expressions, datamodel - but this comes with experience and depends on many different factors - so you will not get a detailed answer unless you populate your app here.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You should install latest version September 2017. Please follow step by step the installation instructions. If you have issues please post here more details and also the logs. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Qlik-NPrinting-inst...

Note that performances depends on a lot of different variables like the amount of hardware resources and the number of Engines. More details are here https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2017/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.htm

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Ruggero

Appreciate your reply, I will try to install latest version September 2017,

and which QV version will be better to assort with NP (September 2017)

Best Regards,

Max

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First of all read all requirements (this also relates to QlikView version which in your case is also unsupported), Everything is listed in help document available online (example links below😞

What is Qlik NPrinting? ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Planning your deployment ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Supported and unsupported configurations ‒ Qlik NPrinting

Second thing is to make sure you have properly build QlikView application to run with NPrinting - you can read my comments regarding this here (I think this i a big step towards good NPrinting performance): https://community.qlik.com/thread/260840?q=qvw%20size

Third thing is to build optimized QlikVIew app expressions, datamodel - but this comes with experience and depends on many different factors - so you will not get a detailed answer unless you populate your app here.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

The list of Lech suggestions to optimize the QlikView models is great.

Remember also to save the .qvw with all charts minimized.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.