Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagireddy_qv
Creator II
Creator II

Grouping in Nprinting 17.3

Hi all,

Do anyone of you know if the excel template with the grouping (+ icons) is possible in NPrinting 17.3?

C8BC092A.PNG

11 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Swetha,

It is possible to certain extend - it is not working with levels so NPrinting automatically will not create additional groupings. It will however put all values from column of your choice into an existing grouping (add rows to existing grouping).

If you have pre defined groupings and they do not have to be created automatically you can achieve them in NPrinting template.

It will work with Page proper though

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

try to change the table format to intend and try

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Chanty,

Can you evaluate? I am also interested in getting grouping working, but i am struggling with it.

What do you mean by using Indent table? Where is this option available in NPrinting or Excel?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Is this you want?

intend.PNG

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No,

We are not talking about Pivot Table (expand/collapse), We are talking about rows grouping in Excel (Data--> Group)

regards

Lech

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

My Bad

i think this feature not yet available i think .  let me try and update if i  found the same

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

I investigated and I was not able to find a solution.

I can only suggest a workaround like the pivot table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Swetha,

I looked into this little bit more. Depending on how your report exactly needs to look like solution could be achieved by using a macro.

• simple one would be the one which would apply SubTotal built-in function in Excel, The drawback is that it produces the subtotals (like on the screenshot below), on the plus side - it would be very easy to implement
  • difficult one - looping through any change in columns and applying grouping - i am not VB script expert, so i will not be able to write such macro.

0.jpg

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Macros could resolve but, at the moment, they are supported only in Qlik NPrinting 16.* (supported means that the VBA code is copied from the template to the generated report). Qlik NPrinting 17 does not support Office templates with macros, it will be added but I don't know when it will be released.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.