cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II

Groups connected to a security role?

Hi, I wanted to report this as a bug however I would like to ask the community before I report this as a bug.

We have imported users and groups from LDAP(AD) without any problems and we have 1 AD group that contains 50+ users. 

Now to the issue at hand:

Before users can access news stand and/or recive a email we have to connect a security role to the user but here come the problem.

How can I connect a Group to a security role insted of connecting 50+ users one by one to a security group?

Where is the "Role" sheet for groups?

User:

Capture.PNG

Groups:

Capture.PNG

Hopefully there is a way around this because we want to control everything through groups and not users directly.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Role membership is the attribute used to associate Qlik NPrinting roles to the users. Insert here the name of the LDAP attribute that you want to use as source to associate Qlik NPrinting roles to a user. To create the association during the user import you must create a role before to start the import and with the exactly same name of a LDAP group. All members of that group will have the role with the same name associated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi ,

I would first  refer to documentation. My understanding is that  when configuring user import from AD  you can setup which attribute will be imported as ROLE. This way you would create a role for user directly in AD and control it from there.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Use....

2019-03-04_9-19-25.png

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Sahal
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Do you have a article or any suggestions on how I would connect groups to security roles?

That is the real question.

Capture.PNG

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Role membership is the attribute used to associate Qlik NPrinting roles to the users. Insert here the name of the LDAP attribute that you want to use as source to associate Qlik NPrinting roles to a user. To create the association during the user import you must create a role before to start the import and with the exactly same name of a LDAP group. All members of that group will have the role with the same name associated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.