Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
climberdavid
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

HTML reports attached as .zip files

Hi,

As far as I´m aware NPrinting 17 won't allow you to attach to embed a HTML report into an e-mail, but will attach the html report as a attachment to the e-mail.

These attachments is added as zip files instead of a "standard" html file or a folder containing the html report.

Is it possible to select if NPrinting should use a zip folder or just a standard folder?

I know zip files will cause issues for some of our clients.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

David -

As of now, there is no way to have them outside of zip file. This is something we are analyzing for a future release but I have no estimate on when that may be at the moment.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

David -

As of now, there is no way to have them outside of zip file. This is something we are analyzing for a future release but I have no estimate on when that may be at the moment.

climberdavid
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your response.

ahorvat
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Stephen,

I think everyone would really appreciate this feature (embedding HTML reports into email body) as soon as possible.

Safe to say is that lots of users/recipients will open these reports on their phones and having a zip file means they will not open them at all, or will not be able to unzip files easily.

It was first planned for 17.1 release, then delayed. Later on someone mentioned in this thread (embed html report nprinting 17 | Qlik Community) that a new plan is to publish it with 17.2 release in September.

sjw‌ - can you comment on this, is there any confirmation that we are going to see this feature in 17.2 version?

Stephen_Jasionowski

Allen -

This is not going to be part of the 17.2 release unfortunately.

It remains the top priority of the remaining gap features from NPrinting 16. We expect to release it next year but I do not have a date as of right now.

And yes, embedding the report means that it would have to be HTML and not a zip file.

qlikhalmar
Creator
Creator

Hi Stephen,

I am using NPrinting 17 september 2017, and my PDF reports are also zipped inside the email.

Because that is very client unfriendly, i want to email just the PDF file.

Do you know what I am missing?

Thanks, Halmar

qlikhalmar
Creator
Creator

Hi all,

Solved! It was because of the cycle.

When using the cycle function, standard the files are zipped...

Halmar

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Stephen,

I'm evaluating NPrinting 17.6 and as per @Halmar's comments, I also notice that pdf reports are attached as .zip files when using the cycle function.

Is there any way to stop this?

We use the cycle function heavily (in NPrinting 15!) and do not think our users will accept a move to their pdfs being zipped.

Thanks, Ben.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Stephen,

do you have any news about exporting HTML reports unzipped to folder locations?

I've been searching within the "new" Nprinting november 2017 release but cannot find

anything helpful.

Isn't there a setting within a setting*.ini or a *.CONF file where

this can be enabled/disabled?

Many thanks Philipp