Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III

Help to get to multiple columns in Pixel perfect level

Hello Friends,

I am trying to create a pixel perfect report with level.

I wan to create a level with multiple columns (E.g Sector -> Segment and under segment (Budget,Actual, AccontNo etc.)  However I am getting separate-separate level for each column (attached the screenshot). It would be great if you guide to me fix the issue.

Regards,

Irshad

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to start by reading the official help site. If I understand correctly you want to create a normal table with multiple columns like explained in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Simple-PP-R...

If this is not the case, please explain better the result you want to get. Share some screenshot of the final result that you want.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Ruggero,

Thank you very much for your prompt response.

My requirement is straight forward. We have an application where we have one Bar Chart, a donut chart and straight table ( Actually we have pivot table in out app but nprinting is not support it so we created straight table)

In Straight table we have 6 fields ( E.g Sector, Segment, Budget, Actual,Encumbrance and Balance) 

our requirement to create report in attached format, so I am trying to create a levels.

1. First I have added Sector and Segment

2. Under Segment, I wan to add all 6 fields, however I am getting all in separate level only.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Pivot tables cannot be added as Levels so, as you did, the only solution is to create a straight table. You correctly added the straight table in the Levels node and added the details band. Now you have to select the fields of the table and drag and drop the ones you want in the report into the details band.

Maybe this video will help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-VprSroEW0

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Rugerro,

Thank you. 

Yes, I did with straight table, however I am not getting straight table fields  in sub Level, every field is showing separately,  it should be coming like (Parent Level) Segment -> Child level - (Account No,Budget, Actual etc.,)

Regards,

Irshad  

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suppose you nested single fields one-by-one in the Levels node instead of nesting the whole straight table object.

For example suppose that you have a straight table with sales by product category and you want a report with that table split by salesman. So first you add the salesman field under the Levels node, then you nest the whole straight table object under the salesman. The whole table, not the single fields that are used in the table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Ruggero,

Yes you are absolutely right, however I am not able to see straight table in list while adding the level, I can see many fields and they are as a separate field only. 

If straight table in my qlik sense app, it should be listed while adding in level but it is not in my case.

Regards,

Irshad

irshadvaza
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Ruggero,

I would add more thing that, in my qlik sense app, the measure and dimension of straight table has some condition.

I think because of this , I am not able to see the table field in level or even table section. Please advice if this is the problem.

Regards,

Irshad

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You must insert the straight table in the Levels node. So be sure that you refreshed the connection cache after adding the table in the app and be sure that the table uses only supported stuff, as per the help site documentation. So remove the conditions and the calculated dimensions, refresh the cache, close and re-open the designer and you should see the straight table.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero