cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with Nprinting 17

Hi All,

Currently i am facing some issues with Nprinting, it seems like a limitation to me , but it can be a miss from my side also.

Your expert comments will be really appreciated.

Below is my scenario:

I have 2 set of report one for last month and other for last 3 months.

Filter for me are Country and Brand. Each country can have multiple brand.

the reports should be created for one brand and one country at a time, same user can receive reports for multiple brands.

Now, the challenge i am facing in Nprinting 17 is that i am not able to use cyclic filter. (as it do not support as per my knowledge).

In Admin part in users if i add multiple Brand filter to User 1, then i will receive only one report and not multiple as per the brand.

So i am i am forced to create multiple publish task for each brand , in user i can assign Country filter and again complications arise if a user require report for multiple country.

In Nprinting 16, i was able to add multiple mail id in the recipient list an add filter, now in Nprintng 17 i cant do that. i am not taking about group since i cant assign filter at Group level.

Am i  missing any easy approach in this case ?

QVNP.JPG

5 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

If you are emailing multiple versions of the same report (with each containing different data based on dimensions) then this is currently not supported in NPrinting 17.

Cycling is on the roadmap as the highest priority gap feature and will be part of a release in the 2nd half of 2017.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the information.

Br,

Jyothish KC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Stephen,

Also in Nprinting 16 we were able to create custom recipient and add multiple mails ids in it. Then we assign different filters to each custom recipients. That means we can use same mail id multiple times for same application.

This critical feature also seems missing in Nprinting 17, we can use one mail id only once and all filter should be assigned to that.  Is this feature is in road map too?

All this thighs are badly impacting our reports and time.

Br,

Jyothish KC

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

few things,

• Are you using QlikView or QlikSense?
    • If QlikView - maybe you could use build in Entity Reports which have "Cycle" function implemented/embeded in report editor in QlikView. The outcome would be (say 1 PDF but split internaly for each country and brand) - that would be much closer to what you will need.
    • I understand is not fully functional workaround, but maybe it will get you closer to what you actualy need

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for your suggestion.

We are using QV and we have tried the cyclic function already. Unfortunately as you said it create multiple pages with in the report on the basis of filter, which is not my requirement. 

we wanted to send this reports to different recipients.

Br,

Jyothish KC