Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, does anyone know if Nprinting automatically reloads the metadata? Or what are the steps to do it automatically?

Hello, I have noticed that the metadata from nprinting are not automatically reloading then the information appears to me from days ago, can someone help me?

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Why do you want to reload Metadata automatically? I think you only need to update meta data if there is a change in meta data for the application (for instance new objects are created or properties are changed for the existing objects). Do you make these changes very often?

gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It is not so much change in the objects I am referring to my information. For example (I currently have the information until the 9 . The Qvw source is recharged daily but Nprinting is not reloading that information)

sunny_talwar

Oh so the data itself is not getting updated? I don't think you need to reload the meta data for this. I think the problem could be related to nPrinting itself.... Let me ask you this, are you using nPrinting 17? If you are then we ran into a similar issue where the nPrinting kept emailing stale data. We found out that for some reason once a qvw is opened, the nPrinting server kept it open and kept sending stale information. To fix this we did two things

1) Restart the nPrinting server at the end of day every night

2) Created a batch file to close qv.exe every hour on the nPrinting server. This would force close any open qvw files and re-open everything you have to email a report. This might be an issue if you send a report very frequently, but for us it worked because we are just sending one report in a day (for now)

gr_eldred
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much. I have version 17, I'm going to try the two things you suggested.