Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

How NPrinting runs a job in what sequence.

We have input file with 100 user that has different filters. End output is email to user + output to a folder. What we find is job runs randomly and sometime it results in error. We are not sure what report completed successful run and what is left to be processed. 

Question: how do NPrint pick and choose what reports to run from list of 100. What is the sequence? 

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This algorithm is Intellectual property (IP) of Qlik and is not shared - sorry, but yeah those will be random. 

I would rather focus on the errors and made sure there aren't one when reports generate.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But how do we determine how many of that list of 100 is complete without knowing the order. It is painful to go thru log file and go thru each item.  Is there backed script we can execute that will show us that list? 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The sequence of reports generation is not random, it is the result of internal rules implemented in the Qlik NPrinting Scheduler to minimize the reports generation time. When all reports for a user are ready they will be inserted into an email and sent. As stated by @Lech_Miszkiewicz the internal rules are not public.

Errors could be caused by many reasons. So I suggest you to check the Qlik NPrinting logs and the tasks execution page in the web console. Sometimes it could be necessary to check also your SMTP server logs.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ruggero

We are dealing with 1000's of report and our jobs runs for many hours, there are times when error happens due to network latency where NPrint server cannot reach QVW etc in those cases if task completed 80% we want to determine what users failed so we can do a re-run. 

For example  if I have 5 users getting 2 reports each. I imported that list of users from xls file. 

During execution if the task failed after generating 3 users, how do we determine what was successful and what failed based on input file.