Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spiller
Contributor III
Contributor III

How can I get a table with traffic lights visible in a Nprinting powerpoint?

Hi all,

In Qlikview I have a table with the status name, commnets and traffic lights for different project areas. Is there an option that export that 1 on 1 to an NPrinting Powerpoint ? Until now we went for an additional export friendly version of the table where we replaced the traffic lights with text (G,Y,R), but the business is coming back now as they're really keen on the traffic lights.

I have searched around a lot already, but couldn't find any solution. Is there anything possible?

J.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, labels used in your post dont indicate version so I assume that you are on the latest supported.

You have limited options - still there are possibilities:

In QlikView I typically use extra measure with special character like block █ or circle ● and use font coloring to conditionally colour it  to create traffic light. Alternatively you can use simply cell background colour.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1640726895384.png

In NPrinting you load this as a table, keep the source format ON and drag and drop it on the template:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1640727052285.png

Result with dot :

Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1640727235018.png

Or with cell background in QlikView:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_4-1640727373705.png

and result:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_5-1640727422866.png

If you want to have your table exactly like in QlikView then you can use image in NPrinting, however you will lose control on how big the table can be (if it has variable number of rows)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, labels used in your post dont indicate version so I assume that you are on the latest supported.

You have limited options - still there are possibilities:

In QlikView I typically use extra measure with special character like block █ or circle ● and use font coloring to conditionally colour it  to create traffic light. Alternatively you can use simply cell background colour.

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1640726895384.png

In NPrinting you load this as a table, keep the source format ON and drag and drop it on the template:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1640727052285.png

Result with dot :

Lech_Miszkiewicz_2-1640727235018.png

Or with cell background in QlikView:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_4-1640727373705.png

and result:

Lech_Miszkiewicz_5-1640727422866.png

If you want to have your table exactly like in QlikView then you can use image in NPrinting, however you will lose control on how big the table can be (if it has variable number of rows)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Spiller
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks. The icons + colors is what the business wanted so it looks like this is the option to go for.