cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott_simmons
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How do I import recipients into groups with out adding new recipients

I was able to import recipients with out issue, however, I have a scenario where there will be members of more the 5 different groups.  I was thinking I could import from an excel sheet with the fullname and groupname, however, it wants to add them as recipients before adding them to the group.  How do I get around this (if possible)?

5 Replies
Not applicable

which version of NPrinting?

scott_simmons
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Version 16.0

Not applicable

Modify the recipient source file or DB (add the existing groups to the appropriate recipients) and re-run the import task.

scott_simmons
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

If my recipient was a member of only one to five group, that works fine.  However, my recipient is a member of 10 groups and the import only allows for 5 (group 1, group 2, etc) for mapping.  Therefore, I just tried two imports, one to create the recipients and a second using two columns full name and group 1, hoping it would see them as the same person and add them to the appropriate groups.  Instead it creates a recipient for every row in the spreadsheet.  For now, it looks like I will need to maintain the groups in the designer.

Not applicable

Scott,

You can add a recipient to more than 5 groups.

Put multiple group names into a single cell/field; they must be separated with a comma:

","

Best

Aran