cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I include filter values in reports

Hi

I started using NPrinting today & have pulled in some lovely images and tables, and if I change the filter, the results change accordingly.

The report I am trying to create will be produced many times for different customers, for this reason, I assume I'm going to need a filter on customer name (how I change that at report generation is a bridge I'll cross later).

I would like the customer name to appear on the front page of the report, but the filter values aren't objects that I can add.  I have added a table for which customer name is one of the columns and put this table entry on the front page, but the result is in a cell with a border & it completely ignores the Word formatting I specified for typeface, size & alignment.

How do I make this information appear in the format I want it?

Regards, Stewart

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

Stewart -

In Word, there are a couple ways of doing this. One possibility is to create a level in the report, which will cycle thru a dimension to create a report for each value of that dimension. You can also add in page breaks around the level(s) to ensure that the report is formatted properly. With levels, you can embed the tag representing the dimension value directly inside the report.

Capture.JPG

More on levels is available here (the example is for Excel templates but can be applied to Word as well): How to Create One or More Levels in Excel Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Another way would be to create a variable in QlikView, like vCustomerName for example, which would simply be equal to the selected Customer Name. Then add that variable to the left pane, and you're able to drag-and-drop that as you would any other report element.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

If you are a new user to NPrinting, please have a look at the training material available online. This will answer many questions that you may have.

Basic training on youtube:

https://youtu.be/ERzNwb7dO5k

Advanced training on youtube:

http://youtu.be/YiTy_cPqRSk

ftp site:

1. 1. Go to https://ftpus.qliktech.com/thinclient (note if you get a warning message that the certificate is unknown – please ignore that message*)
  2. 2. Enter your username nprinting and password: qliknprinting
  3. 3. Select the files to download ( QlikView NPrinting Basic.mp4, QlikView NPrinting Advanced.mp4) and click “DOWNLOAD FILES”

This information is best shared with any new NPrinting customers as needed to ensure they can build a strong foundation in NPrinting development right out of the gate.

Additionally, the training repository can be downloaded from:

https://vizubi.app.box.com/NP-Training

The zip file must be extracted to c:\nprintingtraining to prevent the relative paths from breaking.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Stephen_Jasionowski

Stewart -

In Word, there are a couple ways of doing this. One possibility is to create a level in the report, which will cycle thru a dimension to create a report for each value of that dimension. You can also add in page breaks around the level(s) to ensure that the report is formatted properly. With levels, you can embed the tag representing the dimension value directly inside the report.

Capture.JPG

More on levels is available here (the example is for Excel templates but can be applied to Word as well): How to Create One or More Levels in Excel Reports – Customer Feedback for Vizubi

Another way would be to create a variable in QlikView, like vCustomerName for example, which would simply be equal to the selected Customer Name. Then add that variable to the left pane, and you're able to drag-and-drop that as you would any other report element.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the links - I hadn't found those.  Looks like I've got some viewing to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks - I will probably try something like this when I've watched the training videos.

Strangely, I have done it again, but dropping the field into the middle of some already formatted text, then deleting the surrounding text seems to have done the trick.

It's probably just inexperience with a new tool