Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendywallace
Partner - Contributor III

How do you transfer an nPrinting 17 template from one environment to another?

We have installed nPrinting17 and developed a report for a customer.  Now, we want to transfer that completed report or template to the customer's server which is also running nPrinting17.  We see a way to import nPrinting16 to nPrintng17.  How do we do the same from an nPrinting 17 report?

15 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Wendy - for the time being there isn't a way to migrate a single NPrinting entity (report, task, filter, etc.) between environments. Instead, you can backup the entire NP repository and migrate that between environments.

The process is outlined here: Backup and restore of a repository ‒ QlikView NPrinting

jampierre

Hi Stephen,

I've just read this interesting thread.

Some months are passed after you replied to Wendy.

We installed NPrinting 17.2.3 and we would like to know if something is changed about it.

Is it now possible to transfer report or template from one environment NP 17 to another NP 17?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

JP

Vasiliy_Beshentsev
Creator III
Creator III

In the last version NPrint go to the C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps\

And go down... Than you will see templates/connection/reports.

Try to copy this folders to another environment NP 17.

Vasiliy_Beshentsev
Creator III
Creator III

In the last version NPrint go to the C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps\

And go down... Than you will see templates/connection/reports.

Try to copy this folders to another environment NP 17.

jampierre

Hi Vasiliy,

First of all thank you.

I will try the way you suggest to me.

That's for sure at the moment there's no way from NP17 to do that migration.

I hope in the next release it'll be possible.

Thanks again

JP

basegadshc
Contributor II
Contributor II

I've been watching for this functionality and constantly bugging Qlik to deliver this.  It was slated for Feb 2017 release but I now am being told it will be July 2017.  I hope Qlik moves fast on this as nPrinting is USELESS without the ability to migrate between environments (i.e., DEV to PROD).

To anyone considering the purchase of this software, don't!  This should be part of the base platform and not a separate product that doesn't even support a basic development lifecycle. 

GD

jampierre

HI Glenn,

Thank you.

I think this functionality is too important to avoid of implementing it on NP17.

I hope it'll be soon available.

Thanks a lot

JP

kschramm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Glen - I feel your frustration and we are also seeing that you cannot "repoint" a report to an application once it gets created.  The original thought was build in test and then change the app (which is tied to the connection) to repoint to production so that you don't have to go through the pain of re-building something.  Your post was from Feb and now it's almost Labor day 2017.  We have also been searching even for a manual way to import from an NPrinting 17 report.  All we have found are steps to export from Less than NP 17 to Greater than NP 17 but it does not help when you are not migrating but merely trying to get up and running.

Another feature that we want to bring back is the On Demand button as an extension so that you have more control in the QVW and not on the ribbon in Access Point.  I know the old (V16 or less) version was very buggy, but you could at least control when you wanted to have a user have the ability to run it on demand.  The current set up is the On Demand button shows up on ALL QVW's in Access Point even if there is an NP report built against it.

Hopefully something will get done soon.  Regards

Stephen_Jasionowski

Report migration is part of the September 2017 release.

There are also APIs available to build an extension in QlikView for On-Demand that will give you the same level of control as the old NP16 extension did.