Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendywallace
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

How do you transfer an nPrinting 17 template from one environment to another?

We have installed nPrinting17 and developed a report for a customer.  Now, we want to transfer that completed report or template to the customer's server which is also running nPrinting17.  We see a way to import nPrinting16 to nPrintng17.  How do we do the same from an nPrinting 17 report?

15 Replies
kschramm
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Stephan - Thanks for the response.  Can you provide any links to being able to use the On Demand feature in NP17 within the QVW where it can be conditionally controlled?  We have not been able to find that anywhere.  Also, when you  say report migration, trying to determine what you mean exactly.  Are you referring to where reports can be re-directed to a different connection so you test in one environment and then promote the QVW to prod and point the same report to that?  Or....being able to easily copy a report that has been built already and point that to production after testing?  Our specific environment is NP 17.4 and no previous NP versions.  Again, thanks for the response.  .

Stephen_Jasionowski

Kurt - the connections would have to be the same in test and prod to promote. So it would be the latter of the two scenarios you described. There is a video here describing the process: Video Link : 5408

Stephen_Jasionowski

As far as your other question, at the moment we do not have a way to conditionally control the on-demand add-on in the toolbar. You can limit which users are able to produce on-demand reports with their NPrinting user roles.

Can you please describe the use case for conditionality so we can consider it for future releases?

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

There is some new functionality for this in the September 2017 release of NPrinting, but I have not used it myself as yet...

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's just for Reports. The connections-filters-users are to be recreated.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's a start, I suppose...