cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator

How to Add OSUSER in NPrinting Excel Footer

Hi, Iam Trying to update OSUSER information in NPrinting Excel Footer Template. But Defaulter it is showing only Excel Author Name. Please help me how to add Windows User Information in NPrinting Excel Template.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you cannot use Qlik or NPrinting function if you want to pass the osuser info of the person who opens up excel as your excel is created by service account / author and it is capturing this information at the moment whenreport is created.

so, now when we know that this is not Qlik related question we can go to Excel functions:

go there --> excel - How to show current user name in a cell? - Stack Overflow

If you are using NPrinting 16 you will be able to achieve this. With NPrinitng 17 and 18 VB script gets wiped out - so no go!

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
glacoste
Creator
Creator

Windows user information of who?. If you need the OSUSER used for reload the model (qvw) so you can create a variable in your model and import the variable in NPrinting.2018-05-29 14_26_00-qlikview_test.cramer.cl - Conexión a Escritorio remotoBORDE.png

gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

Here i want display the windows login user details in excel footer. But in excel footer default it is showing the author of the the template, not windows credentials.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you cannot use Qlik or NPrinting function if you want to pass the osuser info of the person who opens up excel as your excel is created by service account / author and it is capturing this information at the moment whenreport is created.

so, now when we know that this is not Qlik related question we can go to Excel functions:

go there --> excel - How to show current user name in a cell? - Stack Overflow

If you are using NPrinting 16 you will be able to achieve this. With NPrinitng 17 and 18 VB script gets wiped out - so no go!

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
gopikrishnach
Creator
Creator
Author

I already used OSUSER() function,but it is showing the Identity information of NPrinting APp Connection not the QVUser.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I already said that using OSUER WILL NOT WORK!!!!

glacoste
Creator
Creator

What do you understand by QVUser ?.

I think we're a bit confused about what you need. I only see 3 possible cases:

1.- You need the OS User that uses the NPrinting Engine to open the .QVW model. (This is the answer I gave above)

2.- You need the User OS of the user that opens the resulting excel. If a user received the attached excel by email and opened it from his house he would obtain that user (eg CasaUser) (This is the answer given by Lech)

3.- You need the NPrinting user that was added as the recipient. In this case I suppose you are looking for the Domain Account (which might not exist) of the user added as a recipient in the final publication task that included the report. If it is this option I think it is not viable since the report is created first before adding it to a publication and certainly can not know the recipients at that time.