Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

How to Connect Two NPrinting Severs to one NPrinting Repo Database?

Hi Techies,

I am looking for a solution where I can run two NPrinting servers with one NPrinting Repo database? Both NPrinting servers should have common repository. 

Thanks,

Rohit

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Sorry @rohitk1609 

That is not possible.

Attempting to make that solution work will not be supported and most likely cause unexpected results and or failures.

If you're looking for fault tolerance/DRP (disaster recovery procedure), I would suggest:

• standing up a 'mirror' but offline NPrinting server (identical OS and version of NPrinting as your 'online' NP server)
  • back you your NPrinting database nightly
  • The nightly backup can be used to restore to your standby/offline NP server should your online NP server goes down.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with @Frank_S : that is not supported.

I want to add that also changing the Repository Database from the one created during the Qlik NPrinting installation process is not supported at the moment (February 2021).

If you want to synchronize two installations you can follow Frank's suggestion and backup one and restore to the other that must be at exactly the same version. Of course it is not a continuous synchronization.

You can also export and import specific reports.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Let me explain my use case in detail:

My Qlik Sense and NP version is June 2019.

I have one excel template which I distribute as pdf report. When excel report convert to PDF it takes Windows server settings(number format, decimal separator). 

I have two kinds of clients, first one is USA based and other is Europe. 

So to distribute pdf reports to USA clients I need to set sever locale to English(United States):

rohitk1609_0-1615555534336.png

When I distribute reports to Europe clients then I set locale to :

rohitk1609_1-1615555589405.png

This is why I am thinking to install two NP servers on two different machines(1. US based locale and 2. Europe based locale) and connect it to common NP repo so i don't need to do development on both servers.

Do you have any solution what to do here?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting uses the local setting of the computers where the Engines are installed. In your case you need two Qlik NPrinting servers, each one with its own Repository.

About moving reports from one server to another, for example to have the same template on both, refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Import...

You could also develop everything in a server, backup and restore on the second and after keep them aligned by exporting/importing single reports. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backing-up...

There is not a feature at the moment (February 2021) to keep two different installations aligned.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.