Skip to main content
Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to Create Password Protection for Report in Nprinting 17.2 (Connect to Qlik Sense)?

Dear All

I use Nprinting Qlik (PixelPerfect) to create reports and send them to the customer by Email and I want to password protection for reports, each client has a different password, but I do not know how?

I found in the document "https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-13958" but it look like does not apply to Qlik Nprinting 17.2 (connect to Qlik Sense 3.1)

I want to know can I create passwords for each report? and if so then how can do it?

Thanks and Best Regard

An Pham

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Go to this link & scroll down to the table. It shows you all supported  features:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

NPrinitng 17 does not support password protected reports

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
woutermak
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I don't think this is an option in 17.2.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, did you find any workaround solution for this by any chance ?

I am dealing with the same issue in Nprinting november 2017 version...I can't find the option for password protection of reports either and it seems like the feature is simply not supported

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Go to this link & scroll down to the table. It shows you all supported  features:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/Introduction/Introduction.htm

NPrinitng 17 does not support password protected reports

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Lech, the feature is not in the list so let's just hope it will be added in new release

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Only for PixelPerfect templates there is a workaround but it will set the same password for all generated reports.

Password.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Ruggero this is really helpful.

However my reports are already created as Excel reports, I assume it means I would have to re-create them all over again in Pixel Perfect template to be able to get the password protection functionality, right ?

Thanks

Kristina

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Kristina,

I am not sure what is the pupruse of password protection you need.

If say you are creating reports to a folder and you want people to only be able to open certain reports the easies way of doing this is by creating a folder structure and applying security on the folder access. This way you would not have to re-create all your reports and only thing would be to change NPrinting destionation for each task.

As Ruggero mention password created in pixelperfect report will not be user specific - it will be report specific, so all users getting the same report will need to know the password and it will be the same password.

regards

Lech

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

thanks for the message. I know there are other security options as well but I do need to distribute the reports via email, due to multiple reasons and extra password protection is required by the customer. It doesn't matter that the password will be the same for all the reports since every recipient will just receive reports that are relevant for him/her.

I'll check again with the customer and try to find a compromise.

Thanks very much !

Cheers,

Kristina

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Undestand - In this case indeed PixelPerfect password protection might serve the purpuse

regards

Lech