Qlik Community

Qlik NPrinting Discussions

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Highlighted
dewan_abdullah
New Contributor II

How to add a category and Sub-category in NPrinting?

I am using NPrinting 17.2.1 for Qlik Sense and i have table that has drill-down dimension, but when I add it on NPrinting Excel it only shows one dimension..

So how can I achieve a category sub-category on NPrinting

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jacob_hoffmann
New Contributor III

Re: How to add a category and Sub-category in NPrinting?

Hi Abdullah,

My approach to this would be to take out as much complexity of NPrinting and handle as much as possible in Sense.

I would create the objects exactly as I need them. Then you could argue, that this will mess-up the Sense application. Agree: But then create a stream called NPrinting. Create duplicate apps which reloads binary from the regular production QVF's. Then you have two seperate frontends and the best of breads.

So don't use theese Drill-Down features, when you do objects for NP static reporting. Here they don't make sense. Use them in the data discovery tool

That's my 10 Cents.

BR Jacob

3 Replies
baruchjacob
New Contributor III

The only way to do it that I know of

Is to add the drill downs dimensions as a dimensions to the Qlik sense table (in the case sub category)

dewan_abdullah
New Contributor II

Actually I used Levels and it worked fine.

Thank you.

jacob_hoffmann
New Contributor III

Hi Abdullah,

My approach to this would be to take out as much complexity of NPrinting and handle as much as possible in Sense.

I would create the objects exactly as I need them. Then you could argue, that this will mess-up the Sense application. Agree: But then create a stream called NPrinting. Create duplicate apps which reloads binary from the regular production QVF's. Then you have two seperate frontends and the best of breads.

So don't use theese Drill-Down features, when you do objects for NP static reporting. Here they don't make sense. Use them in the data discovery tool

That's my 10 Cents.

BR Jacob