Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to apply same properties of Qlikview chart while importing it as image in pixcel perfect templat

Hello,

I am creating report in pixcel perfect report in NPrinting 16 version.

In one of chart is having setting show only one row at a time in Qlikview chart. Same chart I am importing in NPrinting that image as well I want to only one row.

In short how to apply same datasource properties to image while exporting for pixcel perfect reporting

Labels (1)
15 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

• note that the "Always one selected" option is not supported in QlikView NPrinting 16 so, if you are using it you must remove
  • if the single row is the result of filters applied to the QlikView document you need to create the same filters in QlikView NPrinting as show in the documentation

As general rule, adding screenshots to the community post will help people to help you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

in qlikview application I have set property as Max row  show 1 and showing ony Total row and overlapping other table on that so in qlikview I can show only 1 row and total row. I want to replicate same data in NPrinting.

For that purpose I need to select property like keep source format to image while exporting to nprinting

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You told that you are developing a PixelPerfect template. They don't have "Keep source format" property that is present in Office and HTML templates and only for objects inserted in the Tables node, not in the Images node. 

Best Regards,

Rugge

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

oh ok Thanks @Ruggero.

Can you please help me out how to tackle this situation.

Because in my qlikview report they set property as show only 1 row and total rows every time.

While same object when I am exporting to NPrinting all rows are coming . but I want to show same as qlikview shows.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is not clear to me what you want to have. A PixelPErfect template? Or an Office template? (Words Excel or PowerPoint)  You want to export the object as image or as table?

In all cases you have to apply to the QlikView NPrinting report or task or user (it depends on what you want to obtain) the same filters you apply on the QVW when you see the table as you want. 

I feel that you don't have a clear idea about what QlikView NPrinting can do and how. So my first suggestion is to start by reading its documentation.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I want to create report in Pixcel perfect template only.

In qlikview I have 3 charts are overlapping each other the below 2 I can able to import as image but first chart we have setting in qlikview application show only 1 row at a time and overlap chart 2 exact below to chart 1 so that in qlikview application shows only first row  from chart 1 which is total.

Same I want to do in Qlikview NPriting using pixcel perfect report template.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to create the filters, associate them to the report or user or task, then create the PixelPerfect template and add the QlikView tables as images. Drag and drop the images in the template and it should work.

It is not a problem that the original charts are overlapped in the connected QlikView document.

In the PixelPerfect template you have to recreate the layout.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
ramsurya
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But there are no filter in Qlikview applications. we have set the property of chart as
Chart -> presentation -> max Number= 1 so Qlikview chart shows only 1 row in application.
When we export same chart object as image in QLikview Npriting it shows all rows but I would like to set property same as qlikview application.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I'm not able to reproduce.

I tested in QlikView NPrinting 16.9, I set Max Values = 1 to a chart, saved the QVW and runned a PixelPerfect report template with that chart imported as image and the preview is perfectly showing a single row chart.

I tested in Qlik NPrinting April 2019 TP and you must remember to refresh the connection cache after setting Max Value = 1. The PixelPerfect preview is correct.

So check that the connection is using the same QVW where you set Max Value = 1 and that you are importing the correct charts in PixelPerfect report.

Try also to save the QVW and close all the Qv.exe processes and run the preview again. Maybe you have a QlikView Desktop process running in background that has not refresh its copy of the QVW. By closing all Qv.exe processes you force it to reopen the QVW.

If you are still not able to solve please open a support ticket, include a link to this conversation and all the information and files to help my colleagues to reproduce the issue.

Best Regards,
Ruggero