Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
l_delvacchio
Contributor
Contributor

How to block the sending of the report when the user is without a filter

Goodmorning,

Is't possible to prevent the report from being sent if the recipient user does not have a filter configured? (user filter)

thanks

Laura

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about configuring condition for your report so it is only true if there is particular filter applied. So imagine that each user needs to have a filter applied on the field called NPrinting_Fuse. This is can be just dummy field in your Qlik model which can be even detached from model, but it can control variable value which can be used in your condition. 

So if there is a filter applied condition evaluates to TRUE and report gets generated....

Obviously this would mean that each user will have to have this filter created in addition to all other filters.

the above would be out of the box approach directly in NPrinting and Qlik. 

The approach I would probably use would include use of NPrinting APIs in Qlik Script where the whole logic would sit. I would use/modify the library i built here to suit whatever reason I need

https://nprintingadventures.wordpress.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.