Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

How to cancel cache generating QV

Hello together,

someone knows how to cancel cache generating for QlikView app?

My Problem: I start the cache generating -> after some minutes i get folling message: "Request has been evicted for this reason: Evicted" -> how i see, the generating is failed.

But if i look in the task manager, i see the qv.exe with 99% of ram. If i kill this, after some seconds it opens again a task and load full into ram.

Can somebody help me?

Greetings

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

you have to remove/delete connection you have created and then killing qv.exe process should kill task too.

Ideally in this case i usually also restart NPrinting services.

That is currently only way of killing this task.

if you want to preview your tasks details go to this "unofficial" url adress in NPrinting console:

https://localhost (or servername):4993/#/tasks/executions

you should see all active and finished tasks there.

cheers Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

you have to remove/delete connection you have created and then killing qv.exe process should kill task too.

Ideally in this case i usually also restart NPrinting services.

That is currently only way of killing this task.

if you want to preview your tasks details go to this "unofficial" url adress in NPrinting console:

https://localhost (or servername):4993/#/tasks/executions

you should see all active and finished tasks there.

cheers Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Lech,

thanks for the tip.The URL I already know.

Pity that there is no possibility in the console.

greetings

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yep - there is no console trigger yet - but i heard they are working on it.

I trust eventually it will be there.

We have to remember that NPrinting 17 is (at least in my opinion ) completly new product and is +/- only 1.5 - 2 years on market only. There is still a lot to improve and create. I think it is happening, but i requires some time.

cheers

Lech

Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's good news.

Yes, it is a "new" product, but it is not as if you had no experience from the old product that could flow in here.

But we will see.