Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kakaderanjit53
Creator III
Creator III

How to change the default location path of Qlik Nprinting App Templates( April-2019 Version)?

Hi Qlik Experts,

Could you please tell me how to change the default location path of Qlik Nprinting App Templates( April-2019 Version)?

Default location of Qlik Nprinting app templates is C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps  which has to be changed to other drive.

please assist me how to do above changes in Qlik Nprinting version -April 2019.

Thanks & regards,

Ranjit Kakade

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In Qlik NPrinting 17+ you cannot change the default path at the moment (September 2019).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

agree with @Ruggero_Piccoli ...

...which by the way is described as one of the limitations in each release notes document...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
richardgriffiths
Contributor
Contributor

I had this problem - I've used a symbolic link (junction) to redirect the apps folder to a different drive. I've not experienced any issues so far. 

mklink /j "C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps" "F:\NPrinting\apps"

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I would not recommend this solution @richardgriffiths . I used to use it but had issues when upgrading to newer version. I stopped using "mklink" or "junction points" ever since. This is not supported so if anything happens you have no Qlik support.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you use unsupported or undocumented solutions you do it at your own risk. I case of support request the installation must be in a supported configuration.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.