Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

How to connect Qlik N printing 17.4 to Qlik View server

Hi,

I am have two servers, one has Qlik view and one has Qlik N printing 17.4.

I have different service accounts, I am not selecting CONNECTION REQUIRE AUTHENTICATION, Engine is ON, services in running fine, Service account has assigned CAL, I have checked in Qlik View on N printing server(It has no personal edition), I have added qvp:// IPAddressOfQlikServer/Test.qvw , then it is saying Account used to run Qlik N printing Engine has access to Qlik Server , I have double checked and the account which is running Engine service has access on document which is on Qlik View server.Both server are in same domain

I have installed Engine with separate service account which has access to Qlik View server. Can you please help me to debug how to Connect Qlik N printing with Qlik View server

Note: By Local option, I can connect to server document with UNC PATH, It is working and generating Cache

I want to know how to work with SERVER TYPE option.

My N printing version is 17.4

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rohit

First of all - did you go step by step through help document re NPrinting setup or at least connection setup?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Create-Co...

• What QlikView Server version are you using?
  • Is your Desktop version installed on NPrinting Engine Box the same as the QlikView Server version?
    • Is your version supported?

Other information would be:

• can you RDP to Engine as NPrinting account user
  • open QlikView Desktop
    • use open in server and navigate to application you want to use with NPrinting and open it
    • If you can successfully open it from there look at the top of the QlikView desktop window you will see the path you will need to use in your connection string

NP.png

• if you CANNOT open it the the issue sits in your configuration which can mean
      • no access to folder (to where QVWs are stored
      • no CAL
  • once you can open your document from there lets jump back to another topic
    • RDP to your QlikView server as a NPrinting account user
    • open localy document in QlikView desktop on this server and try to save it - see whether an NPrinting account user has enough privileges to save a document or overwrite a document created by different account on QlikVIew server
    • once above is tested successfully we can come back to account settings being:
      • read followin Topic where in few places i describe all requirements:
      • Re: Nprinting 17 server connection to a qvw
        • one of requirements says - NPrinting account needs to be part of QlikView Administrators and Administrators on QlikView server!!!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

in admin account nprinting add service account  .may be am not sure.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Rohit

First of all - did you go step by step through help document re NPrinting setup or at least connection setup?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/Create-Co...

• What QlikView Server version are you using?
  • Is your Desktop version installed on NPrinting Engine Box the same as the QlikView Server version?
    • Is your version supported?

Other information would be:

• can you RDP to Engine as NPrinting account user
  • open QlikView Desktop
    • use open in server and navigate to application you want to use with NPrinting and open it
    • If you can successfully open it from there look at the top of the QlikView desktop window you will see the path you will need to use in your connection string

NP.png

• if you CANNOT open it the the issue sits in your configuration which can mean
      • no access to folder (to where QVWs are stored
      • no CAL
  • once you can open your document from there lets jump back to another topic
    • RDP to your QlikView server as a NPrinting account user
    • open localy document in QlikView desktop on this server and try to save it - see whether an NPrinting account user has enough privileges to save a document or overwrite a document created by different account on QlikVIew server
    • once above is tested successfully we can come back to account settings being:
      • read followin Topic where in few places i describe all requirements:
      • Re: Nprinting 17 server connection to a qvw
        • one of requirements says - NPrinting account needs to be part of QlikView Administrators and Administrators on QlikView server!!!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Hi Lech,

Sorry for late reply.

I really appreciate,the way you have explained the solution. Now I am answering your question one by one so we can track what exactly cause of of the problem:

Note: I can create connection from N printing server to Qlik Server document by LOCAL type but when I am doing as SERVER, it gives me error:

The Account used to run Qlik NPrinting Engine has access to Qlik View Server

1. I went to step by step and tried the mentioned way in document as Select type as server, then added qvp://Server Address/DocumentName.qvw

then I added credentials in Documentation Authentication and run it after running it is giving the error

2. I have checked from Local desktop do my N printing user has access or not, it has access from desktop even though I can access the application in browser and type as LOCAL in N printing designer.

3. My desktop version and Server version is same.

4. My N printing version is 17.4

5. My N printing user has administrator rights on both of the server.

6. I have reinstalled the Engine again with the user which has Named Cal on Qlik Server still it is saying :

It could happen, that I am fetching user info from active directory but in my case this is no USERID, my user Name is as it is.

Please consider it on priority and help me to debug what I am missing.

Thanks in advance!

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Well - It is strange.. Lets do it step by step! Please follow my steps and post screenshots of what you can see. If there is any sensitive data maybe blur it slightly but try to keep on screenshots as much as possible.

First step:

1. I went to step by step and tried the mentioned way in document as Select type as server, then added qvp://Server Address/DocumentName.qvw

Here you need to follow steps from my previous post:

• RDP to Server where NPrinting Engine is installed. Use NPrinting account user to login to it.
  • Open QlikView Desktop there
    • use FILE --> open in server and navigate to application you want to use with NPrinting and open it
    • If you can successfully open it from there look at the top of the QlikView desktop window you will see the path you will need to use in your connection string (see screenshot above)

Please post a screenshot of results and we will move to next step.

cheers

L

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Error as Server type.pngLocal desktop by open in Server.pngPath showing on Local desktop.png

I can create the connection as type LOCAL and via LOCAL DESKTOP with same user but as Server it is throwing me this error

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Great - so we know that with this account you can access QlikView document.

Now.

• Can you RDP to QlikView server as an admin?
    • Go to Server Manager -> Configuration -> Local Users & Groups
    • Under Groups you should see QlikView Administrators & Administrators groups
      • Add your NPrinting user to both of them
      • Restart NPrinting services
      • Then go  back to NPrinting Admin and try to re-validate connection in NPrinting

Does your QlikView document have section access implemented?

see notes regarding account:

Prerequisites for QlikView Server and QlikView Cluster connections

• To generate reports using QlikView Server or QlikView Cluster connections, the following are required:

• Access to at least one QlikView Server.
    • The Windows user that runs the Qlik NPrinting Engine Windows service must belong to the QlikViewAdministratorsWindows group on the QlikView Server computer.
    • NTFS authorization must be configured in the QlikView Management Console. This means that the Windowsoperating system controls the file (document) access for users and groups through the NTFS security settings.DMS authorization (QlikView controlled file access) is not supported. For more information, see the QlikView Serversecurity help.
  • If you are using section access as well, the following are also required:

• Connections must be configured to use server authentication.
    • A domain account must be configured in user settings, independent of the authentication type enabled in the Qlik NPrinting general settings.

1.png

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Done!

It has solved my problem. I have added qvnprinting user to Qlik View services users.
i really appreciate your way of giving solution and your vast knowledge of Qlik

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Mate - this answer was already in my initial post (see screenshot and highlighted part) - you just did not follow all steps i have suggested

Anyway - I am glad i could help Cheers and have a great weekend!

1.png

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Actually , when I was following it, I have checked for Administrator group not for Qlik View administrator.I never knew , there is one more group Qlik View administrator. Its totally my bad.

Thanks again!