Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
i_shamaev
Creator
Creator

How to connect to postgresql database from another server?

How to connect to postgresql database from another server? I can connect using localhost on NPrinting Server. But I want to connect from the QlikView server.
Please do not advise the API. 

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is really postgres question and answer sits in your config file for postgres database you are trying to connect to: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11753296/configure-postgresql-to-work-for-only-localhost-or-spec...

NPrinting DB has configuration in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\data\pg_hba.conf file

edit it to allow for "listetning" from other machines, save and restart DB. The bit you need to edit is at the very end of the file:

# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more
# "host" records. In that case you will also need to make PostgreSQL
# listen on a non-local interface via the listen_addresses
# configuration parameter, or via the -i or -h command line switches.

note: you may not have rights to overwrite file, so make sure you keep the backup of the file, edit and save it in different location (note that file extension will likely change from ".conf" to ".txt" and needs to be put back to conf) and copy/paste (overwrite).

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I want to remark for you and all other readers that, at the moment (February 2020), changing the Qlik NPrinting Repository configuration (for example by connecting to a different PostgreSQL server, or to connect to the repository from another software) is not officially supported by Qlik. So:

1 - if you do it you do at your own risk. We will not be able to supply support if you decide to do something unsupported.

2 - in case of support requests the first step we will ask you to do is to roll back to a supported configuration or you must restore a version of the repository before the configuration of the external connections

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This is really postgres question and answer sits in your config file for postgres database you are trying to connect to: 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11753296/configure-postgresql-to-work-for-only-localhost-or-spec...

NPrinting DB has configuration in C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\data\pg_hba.conf file

edit it to allow for "listetning" from other machines, save and restart DB. The bit you need to edit is at the very end of the file:

# If you want to allow non-local connections, you need to add more
# "host" records. In that case you will also need to make PostgreSQL
# listen on a non-local interface via the listen_addresses
# configuration parameter, or via the -i or -h command line switches.

note: you may not have rights to overwrite file, so make sure you keep the backup of the file, edit and save it in different location (note that file extension will likely change from ".conf" to ".txt" and needs to be put back to conf) and copy/paste (overwrite).

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

note:

Any changes to repository DB you do at your own risk as they are not supported by Qlik.

Keep in mind that this database constantly is in use by NPrinting and locking a record can cause repository corruption. If you corrupt it yo will be on your own...

i_shamaev
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Ivan

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I want to remark for you and all other readers that, at the moment (February 2020), changing the Qlik NPrinting Repository configuration (for example by connecting to a different PostgreSQL server, or to connect to the repository from another software) is not officially supported by Qlik. So:

1 - if you do it you do at your own risk. We will not be able to supply support if you decide to do something unsupported.

2 - in case of support requests the first step we will ask you to do is to roll back to a supported configuration or you must restore a version of the repository before the configuration of the external connections

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.