Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vegar
MVP
MVP

How to control the width of new columns in Powerpoint table?

I'm am migrating an NPrinting 16 project into a new NPrinting May 2021 environment and run into an issue with the column sizes in a table. The source for this is an pivot chart from a QlikView document.

In my Powerpoint template I've created an pre-formated table that looks like the image below. It only hold a few columns hence the number of columns needed can change.  Sometimes it is four columns sometimes it is ten. In the property pane of CH103 I have checked the Keep Source Format box.

The table as it isi defined in NPrinting DesignerThe table as it isi defined in NPrinting Designer

When running the report in NPrinting 16 I get this output.

Vegar_2-1636618381612.png

When running the same report in NPrinting May 2021 I get the output as below. Pay notice to the width of the new columns. 

Vegar_3-1636618597389.png

As you can see the column witdth of new columns are handled differently between the two versions. I get the impression that NPrinting 16 uses the format of the further right column and Nprinting 17+ uses the format of the further left column when adding columns. 

Is there a way to adjust the with of new columns  in NPrinting 17+ so that they match the powerpoint template further right columns or is it possible to force an dynamic sizing of the table to ensure the table to fit into the output report sheet?

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You got me thinking @Vegar - I will have to sit and do my testing 🙂 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

By the way  - are you using the same version of QlikView for both NPrinting 16 and May 2021SR1? can you share QV versions info as well when you get a chance? Thanks

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

It is the same environment  an think it's April 2019. I'll double check an post the detailes version number when I access the environment the next time.

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz  it is QlikView April 2019 SR3  (12.40.20300.0).

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry @Vegar 

i did not come up with anything. All things I tried ended up with the same results as yours. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you for trying. I really appreciate it.

/ Vegar