Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to create a banding report with loop pages in Nprinting

Hi everyone!

I have a quick question related to NPrinting.

I've always created reports using the Banding Tool in QlikView, that permits to create reports with loop pages, depending on values of a table's field.

Let me explain with an example: I have a table which contains in the first column people's name and in the second column a single object bought from the single person. If a person have bought more than one object, it is splitted in more raws, for example:

NameObject
Francis Scott FitzgeraldDish Soap
Francis Scott FitzgeraldSponges
Carl GaussTowels
Marie CurieWater

I want to create a report where in each different page is shown:

- as title the name of the person;

- as table the raws related with the single person.

In this case I would have created a report with 3 pages (one for each person).

This process was automated with QlikView using the banding tool, is it possible using Excel in Nprinting?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

In NPrinting you'd:

1. Build a chart in QlikView like the one in your post
  2. Build an NPrinting report and use the "name" field in the Page feature in Excel, PPT or the "level" feature in MS Word or pixel perfect
  3. Put the chart in step 1 into the report
  4. When you run the report it will make a worksheet/slide/page for each value of name and the chart should show the rows for that value of "name" only

HTH

Aran

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

In NPrinting you'd:

1. Build a chart in QlikView like the one in your post
  2. Build an NPrinting report and use the "name" field in the Page feature in Excel, PPT or the "level" feature in MS Word or pixel perfect
  3. Put the chart in step 1 into the report
  4. When you run the report it will make a worksheet/slide/page for each value of name and the chart should show the rows for that value of "name" only

HTH

Aran

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

About Excel report development you can refer to http://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2017/Content/ExcelReports/Intro-Excel.htm.

Best,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Aran, it is exactlly what I menat, ad it works!