Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolakamdem
Contributor
Contributor

How to create a filter on Nprinting who returns the 10 biggest values?

hello everyone,

i have got some problems.

i would like to know how i can create a filter on Nprinting who returns the 10 biggest values of something and applies it on a report,

thank in advance.

5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

This tutorial might be what you are looking for.

Select Top Ranks from QlikView and Use Them With Custom Excel Formulas

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
paolakamdem
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for your help.

but i would like to apply this filter on a powerpoint report.

do you have another solution?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is not a native solution to filter the top 10 rows of a table. The simpler solution it to create a QlikView or Qlik Sense object with them and use it in your report. You can hide the object in the source if you save it in a visible sheet.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
paolakamdem
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for your response,

but i don't sure you have understood my problem.

i will try to explain that clearly now in this following lines:

i have already done a field which contains the 10 biggest values.

My problem is that i would do a report for each of the ten values but when i use a cycle for this field it returns the 10 reports as expected except that the values in these reports remain unchanged and are the same but i applied a cycle on it normally had to leave for each of these values their data and different.

that is what i would like to know if is it possible with a filter and how?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I have not clearly understand. In any case if you have a field and you cycle over it for every it is like to apply a filter for each value. For example if you cycle by country when it is the time to create the report for country=USA it is like to apply a filter.

If you get unfiltered reports there could be an issue on the QlikView document. Try to open it without Qlik NPrinting and filter each single value of the field you are using in the cycle to be sure that the values are correct.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.