cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create and ditribute the report in Excel

Hi,

Please find the below snapshot. The report is built using text boxes. I want to distribute this report via email in Excel format.

i have gone through Nprinting. Can you please tell me whether i can use Nprinting for this scenario (for multiple Text objects).

Do it display the same format of the snapshot in Excel?

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Technicaly you can do it - it will not be the best option but it is doable. If you really want to follow this path I suggest you recreate expressions from your textboxes as nprinting formulas in Excel template:

Go to NPrinting and create Excel report and edit template

• on the left NAV you will see fx Formulas section and you want to right click + add formula to create for each textbox one formula.
  • once all formulas are created then simply drag and drop each of them into excel cells
  • that's it

Personaly i would build it in QlikView as a table using ValueList and Pick() function a table which would represent the same structure. and then i would use it as a source table in NPrinting.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Technicaly you can do it - it will not be the best option but it is doable. If you really want to follow this path I suggest you recreate expressions from your textboxes as nprinting formulas in Excel template:

Go to NPrinting and create Excel report and edit template

• on the left NAV you will see fx Formulas section and you want to right click + add formula to create for each textbox one formula.
  • once all formulas are created then simply drag and drop each of them into excel cells
  • that's it

Personaly i would build it in QlikView as a table using ValueList and Pick() function a table which would represent the same structure. and then i would use it as a source table in NPrinting.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.