cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to create filters in Nprinting 17

Hello guys,

I'm with some troubles to create filters in Nprinting 17 reports.

I'm with a request to build a report with some data restrictions:

Data starts at August'2017 until my last month (In case, June'2018)

I tried this instructions from Nprinting help:

"You can use QlikView and Qlik Sense formulas to calculate values to be used in filters. Each formula must return a single value, and use QlikView or Qlik Sense syntax. For example, you can use a formula to calculate the value of the previous year and compare it with the Year field in a filter.

Do the following:

1. Create a new Filter, as above.
  2. Scroll down to the Values area.
  3. Select Evaluate value from the drop-down list.This option forces Qlik NPrinting to send the formula that you insert in the dialog box to QlikView or Qlik Sense, which will evaluate the result and return it to be used in the filter.
  4. Enter a formula in the Value box.For example, to retrieve the value of the last year, enter =Year(now())-1.You can click Add value to add another formula. Adding many values for the same field creates a logical "or" association. The filter will keep data that matches one or both values.
  5. Click Create."

And for some cases it worked, but when I try to restrict months, It doesn't works.

For example, file in attach some example that works :

Anyone can help me with this?

Thank you!

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

this is because of "duality of the values"

Months are dual values (1|Jan, 2|Feb... etc) number|text

for dual values you need to evaluate values to numbers!

so if you want filter current month you would use =num(Month(Today()))

i have written quite a lot of instructions regarding this on community - use search and lookup already answered the same questions

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

examples:

Re: NPrinting doesn't apply evaluate filter

Re: Nprinting Filters not working on Excel Documents

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.