Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

How to create run time filters in qlik sense Nprinting

Hi All ,

I have requirement like when user run nprint report  from date & to date should display  after selecting from date & to date 

report should filter as per selections and print in nprinting using qlik sense.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Labels (1)
4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @vikasmahajan 

Please be more specific with your question and provide information about version of Qlik Sense and NPrinting you are referring to. Also provide the following information:

• Are you using publish report tasks
  • Are you using Qlik Sense and Nprinting On Demand reporting?
  • Expected results:
  • Actual results:
  • Steps to reproduce/What you have tried

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Your question is not completly clear to me but I think you could evaluate to use Qlik Sense On-Demand that is documented in http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/DashboardB...

The user can filter generated reports but expressions are not supported so you need to use fields like Year, Months etc to select a range of dates.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vikasmahajan
Author

Hi Both,

Thanks for reply please find below asked information :

• Are you using publish report tasks  : yes 
  • Are you using Qlik Sense and Nprinting On Demand reporting? : Dashboard Bundel i am using 
  • Expected results:  I have qlik sense app with from & To dates after selecting period  suppose  1/4/2019 to 31/5/2019 Date range and after click on on demand report generation button report should generated with selected period. further we want to schedule to users also using Nprint version 18 .
  • Actual results: NPrint using qlik sense Feb2019 should produce a report with range selections from qlik sense dashboard.
  • Steps to reproduce/What you have tried : I have created on demand report button using extension from bundel and also created a report in Nprint  as of now i used  Value is numeric and provided input 43004 number as date this works perfectly.  But  I wanted to give user facility that user can select date range from qlik sense dashboard  & when click on button report should generated.

Hope now you understand my requirement. I am using Nprint 2018 & Feb2019 qlik sense hub for generating this report.

Please refer this requirement : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Unable-to-select-date-range-in-NPrinting/m-...

Please guide me.

Thanks

Vikas 

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can use On-Demand and add all fields that are necessary to made the selection in the interface. For example, add the fields Year, Month Date, etc. The user mades the selection and request the report via On-Demand.

I tested also this suggestion https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-App-Development/How-to-select-a-date-range-in-Qlik-Sense-wi... to select a range of dates and the report was correctly generated.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.