Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

How to create waterfall chart in PixelPerfect template?

Hi everyone

Do you know how to create a waterfall chart in PixelPerfect? If not, is there a workaround or alternative?

Best regards

Hatus

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Hatus 

As @Ruggero_Piccoli said there is no native Pixel Perfect waterfall chart. If your waterfall is simple you can build it using PixelPerfect Stacked Bar Chart and make one of the series transparent. It is just workaround but works. 

This approach would require from you to prepare data in the right way to represent offse (transparent series which needs to be in the right space as well as other series to represent positive and negative increments.

If your waterfal is comlex and contains many values which cross 0 value on Y axis then it becomes very complicated!!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

At the moment (November 2020) waterfall charts are not supported in PixelPerfect templates. I suggested to add them.

The workaround is to use Excel that, on the other side, is not ideal if you need a PDF output.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Hatus 

As @Ruggero_Piccoli said there is no native Pixel Perfect waterfall chart. If your waterfall is simple you can build it using PixelPerfect Stacked Bar Chart and make one of the series transparent. It is just workaround but works. 

This approach would require from you to prepare data in the right way to represent offse (transparent series which needs to be in the right space as well as other series to represent positive and negative increments.

If your waterfal is comlex and contains many values which cross 0 value on Y axis then it becomes very complicated!!

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thank you for the clever workaround! I hope the PixelPerfect Template gets more attention and gets new features in the future.

Best regards

Hatus

Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Thank you for the statement and for the request! I hope the PixelPerfect template gets more attention in the future.

More and more clients request PDF for massive distribution so the PixelPerfect is a good solution. However it lacks on visualization varieties. 

Can we have native PixelPerfect Charts that aligns with the ones from Qlik Sense 

In addition to this I also would like to request the possibility to use Qlik variables inside Object filter in PixelPerfect. For instance we can only use a hard-coded value.

Thank you for your cooperation with the community.

Regards

Hatus

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

PixelPerfect is an "library" that is independent from QlikView or Qlik Sense so they have different features like the types of available charts. I'm pressing to upgrade PixelPerfect but I don't know if and when it will be.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

I was looking at the latest release of DevExpress, the engine behind the PixelPerfect template which is no secret since you call it a "library".

Their support says that in the release v19.2 the Waterfall Series View has been integrated! And it looks great! No data workaround in Qlik has to be done either!

Reference:

https://supportcenter.devexpress.com/Ticket/Details/T524687/how-to-create-a-waterfall-chart

And here is how it is documented:

https://docs.devexpress.com/WindowsForms/401232/controls-and-libraries/chart-control/series-views/2d...

As a partner I want to make an update request of the PixelPerfect template for the NPrinting product asap. I am sure that many other customers will benefit from it.

Since it is very, very time consuming and not professional at all to have this kind of workaround for such a powerfull template like PixelPerfect is. Changing to Excel is not an option because of the complexity archived with PxP so far.

Can we have a statement from Qlik regarding it?

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Regards

Hatus

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If this is the same part of DevExpress library and indeed its available you get +1 vote from me. 

@Hatus - maybe add this to ideation page too..

Hatus
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz Definetely! It is just an additional series view included to the Bar Chart Series.

https://docs.devexpress.com/WindowsForms/2965/controls-and-libraries/chart-control/series-views/2d-s...

And thanks for the advice, the idea was posted as well 😉 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/Waterfall-chart-in-PixelPerfect-template/idi-p/1693629#M1780

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Updating the PixelPerfect library is not fast and simple. I don't know if it is scheduled, in any case I'll send your request to the Product Manager. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero