cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kvr9
Creator
Creator

How to export data into excel from dasboard and store it on sharepoint

Hello Experts, I have a requirement where the data in one of the table in the qlikview dashboard need to be exported into a excel and store it on a share point path.Condition is it needs to be updated every week probably on Friday and the sheet should contain the weekly data for comparison so the user can give their comments in the sheet. Could someone help me out to identify solution for it.

Thanks,

Vijaya

9 Replies
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

use the store tablename into path\file.xls (Xls);

kvr9
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Manoj,

Thank you for your response.

As I'm new to qlikview,Could you please elaborate it where I have to give this syntax

Thanks,

Vijaya

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

In edit script you have your updated table.

there you have to write a store command as i mentioned in above.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you are wrong Manoj! manoj217 - there is not such thing like store to XLS in Qlik script and you will get errorCapture.PNG

you can only store to qvd or text files (like csv or delimited files) which is different to what you are writing...

Also - your data will not be aggregated to the level it could be required (as UI mainly does aggregation)

This is where you would use NPrinting tool. However to give you steps how to produce Excel report in NPrinting would take me ages as it highly advanced separate tool.

Go to google and type: "How to build Excel reports in NPrinitng" and you will get few video tutorials about NPrinitng and ecel capabilities.

If you have not used NPrinitng before - there is a lot to learn before you can start!

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

try this

STORE MyTable into Export.xls (txt);

it will store the table in excel file 

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

if your data have in qlik objects there you have a export option. you can save the data in excel file

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

that is not correct mate manoj217

I agree that it will create a text file with xls extension and script will not fail BUT this however is not an excel file!!!

It is a TEXT File

see screenshots below - it is comma delimited text file with xls extension...

Capture1.PNG

but as soon as you try use excel type you will get error

Capture2.PNG

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

manoj217

Manoj - please read the question of the topic and If you know the answer please provide a valuable steps how to achieve what the author of the topic asked for.

So far you have provided misleading information. Your above mentioned functionality is: "Send to Excel" manual function and does not meet expected criteria.

If you have end to end solution of grabbing a QlikObject - exporting data from it to excel and putting it on Sharepoint location in automated way - please provide those detailed steps - would you?

I understand that solution does not have to be done via NPrinintg tool and can be achieved for example with use of QlikView macro, but this would require a custom built solution.

In the future I would reconsider posting misleading information!

cheers

Lech