Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to filter a Nprinting Report for a Dimension when combinations with some months bring no data?

Hi all.

Let's try explain my issue.

I have a qlikview dinamic table chart, with this setup:

• Dimensions: Code Supervisor, Salesman, Month, Product.
  • Expressions: Goal, Total Value, %

Supervisor and Salesman are normal dimensions. Product and Month are transposed columns (about 15 new columns for each month)

I have a NPrinting report too, wich should be generated on that chart, where each supervisor needs receive only their Salesmans.

The recipients are the supervisors, and filters was created for each one with their codes (Code Supervisor on chart).

This report have a filter on it, called "Date Process" where is set 2 fields: Year = {2017} and Month = [no value]

This table looks very extense in width (about 540 columns) and then i have on the NPrinting excel report each month separated per tab.

nprinting_report.PNG

So far, so good.

When i run the NPrinting task, i have this scenario:

• Recipients with filters of code supervisor
  • Report with 1 filter "Date Process"

report_filter.PNG

For those supervisors who have Sales every month, the report was generated as expected, but for those where have lack of data for some months, the report is generated for all Salesman, because the set of applied filters brings "no data" and then all filters are cleared.

I thinked in one workaround. Make one chart for each month in set analysis, but i don't think this is an elegant solution.

Someone see another solution?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I founded a solution.

I had to load the recipients with a new column for filter lock purposes.

When I import the filters and put the Lock option on filter parameters, in the Code Supervisor field, the report is generated correctly for every salesman.

By the way, this topic: Filter Syntax, Parameters, and Options for Importing Recipients help me with sintax to use.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Stephen_Jasionowski

Do you have 'Verify filter' selected in the filter parameters?

See the bottom of this document: How to Create Static and Dynamic Filters Based on Fields

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. I tried things explained in another 3 topics in this community.

The behavior of NPrinting using Verify Filter is that: When the filter is evaluated and he founds "no data" in January per example, a production of the report for that filter is stopped, and the excel file contain only January tab, with all Salesmans data.

The others topics i read to look for solution was these below, but no one of them help with this

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I founded a solution.

I had to load the recipients with a new column for filter lock purposes.

When I import the filters and put the Lock option on filter parameters, in the Code Supervisor field, the report is generated correctly for every salesman.

By the way, this topic: Filter Syntax, Parameters, and Options for Importing Recipients help me with sintax to use.