Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fionna51
Creator
Creator

How to get NPrinting Cycling reports outside of .zip file

Hi Guys,

I know some people asked for this question long time ago, but I still don't see a positive answer. We are currently working on Feb 2020 NP 19 version. While sending email to users, most of our users will receive multiple cycling reports. Seems all reports are in a .zip file as attachment by default, and our users really don't like it. Also dynamic naming is on individual report, the .zip folder name is default to cycled field name with some variables and we don't want to show the cycled field name to users. If we have to keep the .zip how to name .zip folder?

Thanks in advance.

Fion

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

•  Seems all reports are in a .zip file as attachment by default, and our users really don't like itCorrect, this is how it is designed and as of June 2020 nothing has changed. It is known as a feature request though but without set delivery date as to best of my knowledge
  •  Also dynamic naming is on individual report, the .zip folder name is default to cycled field name with some variables and we don't want to show the cycled field name to users. - This is also working as designed and I could not find in documentation nor in June 2020 version any possibility to change this. The workaround I can think of would be to setup the cycle field name in your qlik data model to character like "_" or " "  or similar.... so when used in cycle it does not change much of the content (note: if you decide to do this take into account if you will be able to use this character/fieldname in other NPrinting objects like filters import etc.... Just do a dummy and test it. I tested it using field name [ ], there is space between square brackets and it worked well when used as a cycle field.

I understand limitations of such solution and I dont want to argue them, but as a workaround it may do the job just as you wish.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

•  Seems all reports are in a .zip file as attachment by default, and our users really don't like itCorrect, this is how it is designed and as of June 2020 nothing has changed. It is known as a feature request though but without set delivery date as to best of my knowledge
  •  Also dynamic naming is on individual report, the .zip folder name is default to cycled field name with some variables and we don't want to show the cycled field name to users. - This is also working as designed and I could not find in documentation nor in June 2020 version any possibility to change this. The workaround I can think of would be to setup the cycle field name in your qlik data model to character like "_" or " "  or similar.... so when used in cycle it does not change much of the content (note: if you decide to do this take into account if you will be able to use this character/fieldname in other NPrinting objects like filters import etc.... Just do a dummy and test it. I tested it using field name [ ], there is space between square brackets and it worked well when used as a cycle field.

I understand limitations of such solution and I dont want to argue them, but as a workaround it may do the job just as you wish.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
fionna51
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks so much for your feedback. I think your workaround can be used in our app as well, at least the .zip folder name will not look that weird.