Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

How to get dynamic images in a excel template with Qlik Sense data based on airline code filter

Hi,

Having two questions here :

1. How to get dynamic images in a excel template with Qlik Sense data based on airline code filter?

2. Getting output pdf report (initial selected type is excel ) without borders and not able to get headings, sub headings in continues pages ?

I am getting dynamic images in Qliksense with an "Image" extension box.

I have stored all the images in content library of Qliksense QMC and maintaining an excel file in which provided airline code and respective image path (which is actual location of the images in AWS Dev Environment)

I have used below mentioned script 

Bundle Info LOAD
Airline_IATA_Code,
"SLA Matrix Image Folder Path",
ImageName,
"SLA Matrix Image Path"
FROM [lib://AttachedFiles/sla_images.ext_V1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

LOAD
Airline_IATA_Code,
"SLA Matrix Image Folder Path",
ImageName,
"SLA Matrix Image Path"
FROM [lib://AttachedFiles/sla_images.ext_V1.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

I pulled the same object / image (extension box one) from Qliksense to Pixel perfect / excel type of NPrinting.

but i am getting an error saying that " the remote code could not executed "

Request you to kindly look into this issue and help me out.

2. Getting output pdf report (initial selected type is excel ) without borders and not able to get headings, sub headings in continues pages ?

I am getting desired output values in PDF report (selected type is Excel), but not getting below mentioned points.

1. Not getting borders for all the straight table values

2. Not repeating air line name, organization logo , Heading of the report and fields of the straight table in continues pages

It would be grate helpful for me, if you could help me out on this.

Regards,

Vara

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

1. Dynamic image unable to show on NPrinting

Reason: Cannot use the 3rd party Image extension since NP doesn’t support it.

Solution: Use Show/Hide Container instead

To setup:

YouTube tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6DM-T8zywE

For your case, first create the master item visualizations using Text/Image chart object and insert all the required backgrounds from the content library.

Next, insert the Show/hide Container custom object into your app and add visualization from the master items.

Add show condition for each visualization (i.e. AS Uptime SLA Commitments):

Add: =GetFieldSelections(Airline_IATA_Code)='AA'

Note: For SLA Commitments, you need to add it twice to fulfill the conditions: 1) GetFieldSelections(Airline_IATA_Code)='SU' and 2) Leave the condition blank so when there’s no selections/filters, it would default the image to be this one

Finally, add the object to your NP report and apply the necessary filters to your scheduled NP task.

1. Filters not working and NP job fails to run

Reason: Filters conflict to each other

Solution: Can only either filter on the SLA Data Month or IATA Code but cannot be both

As you can see below, if SLA Data Month is defaulted to Aug-2019, none of the IATA Code pre-defined filters are included (AA, AS, 9W, EY, SU).

1. PDF report output format is a mess

Reason: Formatting of tables and images size are incorrect

Solution: Fix the formatting of tables/images to fit into the PDF

Please see attached with the sample NP output that I’ve generated (filtered on AA).  The excel version is better and at least you can still see all the contents but need some adjustments on the tables/images formatting.

Here is some of the adjustments for the image properties in NP Designer that I’ve made to allow the images to be shown correctly.

Show/hide container images:

Sabre Logo: I suggest that you get a better quality of larger size for this to display correctly.

AS Logo: I suggest that you get a smaller size of this to fit correctly

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

regarding your 1st question:

I am against using any sort of extensions as you have no guarantee that they will work. They are also not supported by Qlik  so you have to base your trust on third party support...

That is why i suggest using all out of the box solutions beeing described here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-add-Flag-images-in-Powerpoint/td-p/1...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Loading-Image-files-stored-in-database-into-a...

regarding your 2nd question:

a. can you share screenshot of your template - usually you need to put borders on one more row and use <deleterow> tag for it to produce borders on all rows...

b. repeat header on   https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Repeat-headers-Nprinting-17-reports/m-p/13...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thank you for your response on my queries and below are the results.

a. can you share screenshot of your template - usually you need to put borders on one more row and use <deleterow> tag for it to produce borders on all rows...

A : Attached screenshot of my template. couldn't able to get proper alignment and borders in between all field values.

Note : Tried with your suggestion as mentioned above that put borders on one more row and used <deleterow> tag for it to produce borders on all rows...

Please help me out to get proper out put.

b. repeat header on   https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Repeat-headers-Nprinting-17-reports/m-p/13...

it is working fine. thank you.

I am against using any sort of extensions as you have no guarantee that they will work. They are also not supported by Qlik  so you have to base your trust on third party support...

That is why i suggest using all out of the box solutions being described here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-add-Flag-images-in-Powerpoint/td-p/1...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Loading-Image-files-stored-in-database-into-a...

A : how to get images dynamically based on our selections from respective filters in excel type of format which we should convert into pdf report through task level.

Regards,

Vara

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have asked for screenshot of template (not result). Template is what you build in NPrinitng designer so we can see how you actually build it and we can spot what potentialy you are doing wrong. 

Make sure you also include on screenshot properties of table you are using as a source of your data in NPrinting. There is a property called "Keep source format" which is probably removing the borders you are putting in your template. Try unselecting it.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Which-Forma...

regarding dynamic images - links I have provided you explain everything step by step, so I am not sure which part you dont understand. Just to summerize what you need to do is:

• encode your images as base64 codes
  • load those images as data (just like you would load any other field since base64 is just a code/text) and link them to your model
  • use map custom background layer to be your image object
  • only one image can be shown at the time!!!
  • use this object as image in NPrinting

thats it.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Attaching a new design document of our template.According to that we need to build up the report in Nprinting through Qliksense.

Note : 1st page is containing SLA matrics for each airline code like we have 60 airline code approximately. based on airline code selections, the SLA matrics images needs to be display.

2nd page is containing report for the results of Uptime, Resolution and Other. this is the report we need to develop in Qliksese and generating the report according to this format.including proper alignment, borders in between all the field values.
Regards,Vara

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

Now, the report is getting with proper alignment and borders. 

Working on dynamic images based on filter selections.

let you know, if any questions in between.

thank you.

Regards,

Vara

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi I am glad you are getting closer to the outcome you want. 

Just FYI - when we ask about template in NPrinitng we mean screenshot of the view attached below. This is where you design and build your template and this is where all properties are set. 

It is obviously good to know what you are trying to build (result) but without seeing template i find it usually very difficult to help. Most of the things will be dependent on settings I circled in yellow!

Keep this in mind for the next time. cheers

1.PNG

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

I created Base 64 code for respective of images and put it in excel file one more column.

I have loaded excel file into Qliksense and created a Map Object with necessary changes as per your instructions.

But, the images are not getting dynamically in Qliksense app even.

Attached is the screenshot of excel file, load script and output.

Request you to kindly look into this issue on high priority and help me out.

Regards,

Vara

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Need an emergency help on my issue regarding for Dynamic Images in NPrinting via Qliksense application.

Regards,

Vara

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Please attach your excel file so i can test if the values in it are not truncated..As base64 codes are usually very long strings it is likely you don't have full string in your excel.

Also can you once again confirm versions of your software (Qlik Sense and NPrinting)?