Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elyse
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to identify the object without name/title when add it from QlikSense to Nprinting TemplateEditor

Hi All

The qlik sense report I am working on which contains tons of objects without titles and it won't be easy to add titles for all of them.

Then, I could not identify the objects when I am adding them to the Nprinting Template Editor. Is there any way I can identify them just with the ID? or find out which sheet they belong to? Please advise. Thank you!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

This might be what you are looking for:

Open the dev-hub https://yourqlikserver1address.com/dev-hub/

Click 'Single Configurator' in the left menu option in the dev hub

Select the QS app

View the list of app objects and object IDs individually as needed

QS sing config.PNG

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, The easiest way is to open hub with "/options/developer" suffix (just add it at the end of url when you view sheets). Then you get a developer menu available under right click of your mouse with object IDs.

see on screenshots:

1.png2.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

This might be what you are looking for:

Open the dev-hub https://yourqlikserver1address.com/dev-hub/

Click 'Single Configurator' in the left menu option in the dev hub

Select the QS app

View the list of app objects and object IDs individually as needed

QS sing config.PNG

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, The easiest way is to open hub with "/options/developer" suffix (just add it at the end of url when you view sheets). Then you get a developer menu available under right click of your mouse with object IDs.

see on screenshots:

1.png2.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I agree with the solutions supplied by @Lech_Miszkiewicz  and @Frank_S  but I personally prefer to edit the Qlik Sense app and give a meaningful name/description to the objects I need to use in reports and refresh the connection cache.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Elyse
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Frank

Thank you for the solution, it works!

Elyse
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi 

Thank you for the solution, it really helps! !

Julien_OF
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can also add this fabulous chrome extension to show objects ID on your QlikSense Sheets

Add-Sense