Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III

How to merge two tables into single table in a Qlik Sense NPrinting pixel perfect report?

Hi all,

Is this possible to merge two tables into a single table with alternate rows from both table in Qlik NPrinting pixel perfect report like this:-

YEARCOUNTRYSALES($)YEARCOUNTRYSALES($)
2010INDIA102010UK40
2011USA202011CANADA50
2012AUS302012RUSSIA60
TABLE1TABLE2
YEARCOUNTRYSALES($)
2010INDIA10
2010UK40
2011USA20
2011CANADA50
2012AUS30
2012RUSSIA60
TABLE3

I have two different qlik sense app and I am pulling data from both qlik sense app into single NPrinting Report.

I'm able two pull data from both Qlik Sense App but now I'm facing problem in merging two tables into a single table  with alternate rows.

So, Please tell how can I do this?

10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As long as the result is a simple union of both results you can easily do this by creating two levels and creating a common header for table but 2 detailed reports 1 for each source.

The only problem you will have is a sorting as it will work independently within source files...

i hope you know how to build pixel perfect table in NPrinting:

How to Create a Simple PixelPerfect Report

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Or you could create a new Sense app only for reporting and add there a single table that merges all your data.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I tried that but I'm getting output as :-

1st row:- 1st row from 1st table

2nd row:- full 2nd table

3rd row:- 2nd row of 1st table

4th row:- full 2nd table

Because in Level first I added 1st table

then I added 2nd table as level of first table

This makes parent child relationship

level inside level

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

dont nest them - put them one under another in separate detiled reports

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

if i won't put them as nested them two table are coming one after another

Top:- 1st table complete with all the rows and columns

Bottom:- 2nd table complete with all the rows and columns

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Correct - and like i said - the only problem is that you will not be able to sort your table properly (year field from your example)  as both tables will ALWAYS behave as a separate entities.

Unfortunately currently you will not be able to do much about it, or as Ruggero said - create single app!

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2018/Content/ReportsDevelopment/Dynamic-report-naming.htm

cheers

Lech

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

As of now what I did in NPrinting pixel perfect report is:-

I have added two different tables from two different  Qlik sense App in NPrinting pixel perfect report on two separate level.

table1-  App1

table2 - App2

Now I have added a Detail Report Section for table1.

From table1 I have dragged and dropped all the columns in the first row of Detail Report Section then

for table2 I have added all the columns as cell and then I have bound all the cells with table2 columns in the second row of Detail Report Section.

Now my output is like this:-

1st row:- 1st row from table1

2nd row:- 1st row from table2

3rd row :- 2nd row from table1

4th row:- 1st row from table2

and so on..

Finally, all  the rows of table1 are coming properly but from table2 one 1st row is repeating after every row of table1.

could you please check and tell me why one one row table2 is repeating from table2 ?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You nested the detail level of table no2 into the level for table no1. As conseguence the row no1 of table2 is repeated until the rows from table1 are all displayed. After you will see row2 from table 2 repeated again until all rows from table 1 are displayed.

In your situation you have to add table1 and 2 in the Levels node but not nested. Then you create a detail band for table1 and drag and drop its field.

After and under you add details band for table 2 and drag and drop its fields.

The result will be all rows from table 1 and after all rows from table 2.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vanand3535
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes, you are absolutely right I tried both ways I got output in a different way as you told..Is there any way so that I can alternative way possible to  display the row of both table alternatively in one table..As per my knowledge I tried all the ways to create but I'm not successful.