Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to merge without subtotal Columns in pivot table created in NPrinting

Hello Everyone,

I have created pivot table with 3 column headings in NPrinting. It has subtotal and Grand Total columns also.

When I tick merge and center cells with label in pivot table options box in NPrinting Template, I got error message as shown in below picture. So I remove the tick and save and open with preview and do same way in exported excel. every column headings can be merged. There is any way to overcome this problem in NPrinting?

Thanks for your suggestion in advance!

Merge error in Nprinting.png

Here is the format we want to show in exported excel of NPrinting.

2.png

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Are you actually building a Pivot Table in Excel - just like on your screen? The reason i am asking this is because in pivot view cells are merged automatically.

Can you share what you getting and what do you want to get ( i assume your end result needs to be like the one you presented) so maybe just show us what is your template (ideally attach it here)

thanks

this being said are you:

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Hello Lech,

Thanks for your reply.

I exported data from Qlik to straight table and converted into pivot table in Nprinting excel template Editor.

Below screen shot is the report generated from NPrinting. Cannot merge and getting error shown in picture 3.

1.png

Below one is the report once modified in pivot excel generated from Nprinting. Users need to tick merge and center cells with label in pivot table options box Manually.

3.png

In NPrinting template editor, if I tick merge and center cells with label in pivot table options box, I get error message as show as :

5.png

Users don't want to modify themselves in generated excel. Could you give me any idea to solve this problem.

Thanks for your support.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Let me have a look into this i will get back to you later..

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.