Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator

How to pass a NP Filter Value Dynamically Based on System Date / Current Date? NPrining

Hi Community Folks, 

Any idea or suggestions on how can  I calculate and pass the filter value dynamically at run time in when the NP Task runs...?

Below is an NP filter (a data filter) I have created.  In the value below instead of passing hardcoded OCT-2019, I want to be able to pass the filter value dynamically based on current/system date when the task runs i.e. if I run the task in 11-Nov-2019, it should pass NOV-2019 as a filter value to this filter.

NP Date filter dynamic value.jpg

I am using this filter in the NP Task level when the task runs to generate the output report. If I cannot pass the filter dynamically through the filter, then I will have to update the filter value every month for many tasks before the tak runs.

Will appreciate any suggestions/ideas to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Gaurav

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you create a new question please add only the label of the QlikView NPrinting version you are using. The answer could depend on that version so adding all possible labels made confusion.

Please also start by searching and reading help site pages related to what you want to do. In this case https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dyna... you can insert a formula instead of a fixed value and select Evaluate from the drop down menu.

Best REgards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
khigaurav999
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Ruggero. Our version is Qlik NPrinting November 2017 (Version: 17.6.0000.0). Noted, I will select only our version, I thought of selecting any version below 2017 will get this question more visibility and answer can be applicable. 

While I review the link you pointed. Let me know if you have any other more specific answers to our NP version. 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Also the help site is versioned, so you need to use the lateral drop down menu to select the same version of the software that you are using. For November 2017 the help site page is https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2017/Content/FiltersCycles/StaticDynamicFilters/Static....

November 2017 is quite old so I suggest to upgrade to latest version. To see the differences refer to the official release notes that contains a complete list of new features, improvements and fixed issues. 

If you develop a formula it must returns a single value (not an array) and use the QlikView syntax.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.