Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vingrna
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

How to put a trend line in a bar chart on Pixel Perfect Nprinting?

Good evening, I am building a bar chart and I would like to insert a trend line. This trend line must correspond to a value contained in a field of a table, is this possible?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1. Run the chart creation wizard
  2. Go to Series view -> tab Indictors and click on Add Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1626249390312.png

3. select the type you want and click on Ok                     Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1626249438398.png

4. customize the properties of the trend line and click on Finish or go ahead with the workflowRuggero_Piccoli_2-1626249514114.png

5. Run a preview                                                                      Ruggero_Piccoli_3-1626249572458.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @vingrna

I have not tested it myself but try these steps. The steps work for both QlikView and Qlik Sense.

You can view the available chart types by dragging the chart object into the PxP template editor then scrolling to the chart type you need.

However, in my humble opinion, Qlik Sense and or QlkView charts are much nicer so I suggest creating your chart in your QV or QS application and using it as an image in your NPrinting report....just a thought

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I disagree with Frank in some ways - I think that depending on the chart type you need to use you may be better of using native pixel perfect charts (instead of image from Qlik Sense), as in images you dont have control over the font size on axis and labels and chart images.

That being said if you were to add trend line in a bar chart you can create in your source data another expression which will calculate such trendline as a separate series and then you simply need to build combo chart with bars for your main measure and line for your trend:

here is a topic on how to implement such expression: 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/How-to-calculate-Linear-Trend/td-p/84330

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

1. Run the chart creation wizard
  2. Go to Series view -> tab Indictors and click on Add Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1626249390312.png

3. select the type you want and click on Ok                     Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1626249438398.png

4. customize the properties of the trend line and click on Finish or go ahead with the workflowRuggero_Piccoli_2-1626249514114.png

5. Run a preview                                                                      Ruggero_Piccoli_3-1626249572458.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.