Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krrishna_singh1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

How to schedule job module for tasks in Qlik Nprinting sept 2019

Hi,

We have a requirement of running tasks sequentially one after other in Nprinting 19.Here at one client we have more then 600 tasks and it is not possible to schedule trigger on daily basis or at fixed time as the reload completion time of applications is not fixed.

There is no job module available through which we can run task sequentially as like in Nprinting Version 16.

Is there any batch file or any workaround for performing this activity ?

If yes please share the process.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As you said - there is no Job in NPrinting 17+, so for task chaining i suggest to use API (and to be frank at the moment it is the only way of automating it)

I have written qvs library and post about it here:

https://nprintingadventures.com

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/04/08/nprinting-api-qlik-rest-subroutines/

note:

you may want to add limit parameter as mentioned in the second link at the bottom (in comment)

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
krrishna_singh1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for Information. I have already tried this API method,not this script but was almost the same. By using this method,only the last created task or executed task is running rest are not affected. How can I run all the created tasks from a single created application?

Regards,

Krishna

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have already given you an answer.. In my NPrinting.qvs library I placed subroutine that loops through all tasks from nprinting app so you could you use it in "for each --> next" loop to fully automate it etc...

It is not easy to give you step-by-step instructions without knowing your setup, but if you go through my NPrinting.qvs script you will see how it works..

The normal steps would be to $(Must_Include=NPrinting.qvs) my library in your script and then call procedures like the one bellow 

//  Publish All Tasks from Application parameters: [AppName]

SUB NP_JOB_PublishAllTasks(vNPrintingAppName)

//  Authenticate
                Call NP_Authenticate;
                Drop Table cookie_items;
            //  Get App
                Call NP_GetAppID('$(vNPrintingAppName)')
                Drop Table apps_items;
            //  Get Task 
                Call NP_GetTasks('$(vNPrintingTaskName)')
            //  Trigger Tasks
                Call NP_TriggerTasks

Drop tables 
                    task_items,
                    _post_items
                ;  

ENDSUB

The call would look like  the one below ->which would loop through all apps and trigger all tasks from them

For each vNPrintingAppName in 'YourNPrintingAppNamesArray'
    Call NP_JOB_PublishAllTasks('$(vNPrintingAppName)')
Next

Did you actually use my library and checked it as i suggested in previous post?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I have just updated my NPrinting.qvs library to cater for the scenario you need.

Now you can just simply include it and call procedure  where vNPrintingAppsArray is comma separated list of NPrinting application names wrapped in single quotes:  'App_Name_1,App_Name_2'.

for example: Call NP_JOB_Reload_N_PublishTask_All('App_Name_1,App_Name_2')