Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III

How to send just the first sheet

Hi experts,

I have one report created in excel template, NPrinting. How can I send this report in pdf but just first sheet of report?

Thanks,

Jasmina

8 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

have you tried setting up Prinitng settings in your template to "1 Page"?

I am saying this from the memory as i am not able to test it now, but i think this is what i have done to achieve the same

or by hardcoding Print Area using "Print Area" set..

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

2018-09-04_16-29-29.png

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No, I don't want this.

This is about printing option, to fit to page all objects...

I want just first sheet to send like pdf, and all sheets in excel. Because first sheet is with summary data, all others are with analitics...I don't need it in pdf...

Jasmina

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

looks like you need to run 2 reports:

• 1st with 1 sheet  and pdf as a format
  • 2nd as full excel report

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

YES, how can I make this first option?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

you need to build 2 separate reports

• duplicate your report and remove all other sheets apart from summary
  • then put both reports in publish task and choose for the 1 pager PDF as an output format

I know it will cost you performance since report has to be generated twice, but i don't see other option just now.

regards

Lech

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

or maybe try to put the same report twice in publish task, do what i mentioned above about selecting only 1 sheet as an output for prinitng so the PDF version will have only 1 page and XLS will still have everything.

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Okay, thank you.

Maybe this is a new issue for developers

Jasmina

jasmina_karcic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

This not works, because for every sheet you make this option for printing...not once for all