Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to size Nprinting server?

How to size Nprinting server?  We have one big qvw file with size about 400 Gb. I know  that pretty big one report. So Nprinting should be able to  send out typical report in every one or two days.

Minimum sys, requirements is only 8 Gb, we would to use virtualized edition. So it turns to 16 GB RAM. But how and what should  I choose for the production server? Is 128 Gb or 256 Gb ram going to be enough? Is Nprinting server load the whole file in-memory as is the way to work with it on disk iteratively?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

NPrinting will open a QV.exe process for every available core on where the NPrinting engine is installed.

If you are connecting to QVWs, then RAM requirements will be mostly driven by two things:

1. How many cores are available to the NPrinting Engine - for each core you need to add additional RAM
  2. How are you connecting to QVWs. If you connect through a "local" connection, then the QVWs will open on the local machine where the NPrinting Engine(s) are installed. The RAM requirements per core are the same as if you were opening up the QVW on the local machine with QV Desktop.

If you user a "Server" or "Cluster" connection, then the RAM requirements are the same as if you were opening up the QVW using "open in server" from QlikView Desktop. Again this is per core.
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Everyone

• How is resource usage in terms of CPU/Memory when producing & distributing reports.
  • It is recommended that qlikview server performs better with physical server, is it same for NPrinting server or would virtual be better option.
  • # of cpu. QlikView works better with 2 cpu compare to 4.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How about this:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2018/Content/DeployingQVNprinting/Performance.htm

regarding VM vs Physical box - i think it is stable enough on VM and there is no proof of speed improvement when using physical box - at least not i am aware of!

on the other hand i don't understand what you meant by:

• # of cpu. QlikView works better with 2 cpu compare to 4.

I don't understand this statement. Qlik will always work better with higer number of CPU as it will be able to perform more calc at the same time. Can you explain more?

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.