Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

How to space at least the table header with one row on the same page or skip to the next

Hi,

I want to know how to always put a row of column names with at least the 1st row of data or if there's not enough space to skip to the next page. I tried with the "Keep Together" function but it doesn't work. The data can change dynamically, so just changing the spacing will not work.

Thanks in advance.

How the data is shown right nowHow the data is shown right now

How it should be shown (option A)How it should be shown (option A)

how it should be shown in case there's too much data (option B)how it should be shown in case there's too much data (option B)

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@julioarriaga

It is not exactly clear what your requirement is but I will make a guess that you are trying to keep the same column headers on each page in a PixelPerfect report.

To do so, you must

• use Group header and footer
  • In the group header properties use Repeat every page
  • Optional - in group footer, use section Page Break and select 'after the band'

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@Frank_S , I believe the issue is different. The issue appears when header row happens to sit as a last row on the page in the report... so lats say you have first and second page filled with one table (header only on 1st page) and towards the end of the page - on last row - there starts second / different table, but only header row is shown as there is no more room for rows with data. 

What @julioarriaga wants to do is to move that either to next page (together with the table it belongs to) or keep it on the same page, but only if there is at least one row of folowing data with it.

So in short - is it possible to configure header that it never sits alone on the page?

I may do some more testing, but for now I was not able to achieve this..

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You could repeat the headers on every new page:

PxP Repeat Headers.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II
Author

what   said is correct, the repeat header doesn't solve my problem (actually I already have it activated in my report). I need a way of at least have one row of data in the page, or if it doesn't fit, to move the table to the next table.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest you to repeat the headers on all pages because there is not an option to do what you are looking for. I did some test without succeeding.

Another workaround cloud be to add a page break after the end or before the beginning of every table. The new table will start on a new page qo you will have many rows.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.